If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD25e thoughts

Options
  • 23-11-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Guys - I am struggling to conclude a decision to pick a projector - i want a reasonable bright high lumens projector to ensure I can vew in a reasonable bright room (can control the brightness but want some flexabilty) - not bothered about 3D - budge of approx 1200 EU.
    been round in hoop about this decision - but was considering the epson 6100 or 550 prior o coming accross the hd25e - do youhave the hd25e ? any feedback ?

Thx in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

skeating wrote: »
    Hi Guys - I am struggling to conclude a decision to pick a projector - i want a reasonable bright high lumens projector to ensure I can vew in a reasonable bright room (can control the brightness but want some flexabilty) - not bothered about 3D - budge of approx 1200 EU.
    been round in hoop about this decision - but was considering the epson 6100 or 550 prior o coming accross the hd25e - do youhave the hd25e ? any feedback ?

Thx in advance.
    Hi Skeating,

Thanks for getting in touch, and apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

The Optoma is a great little projector.  We have one running in our demo room currently and no complaints.  We're using it in a fairly dark room and the picture is great.  I reckon it would handle well even in a well lit room.

If you wanted to see one up and running you're more than welcome to come see it in action in our nice new demo room.  We also have the Epson 6100 hooked up, little over budget tho at £1,199.95.  Worth a look though, lovely projector.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

Hi Chris - thank you - I will pay you guys a visit, abroad at the moment.

Which is your preference between the two ? which do you get more feedback on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

The Optoma sells better in terms of volume and the feedback on it is very good. Epson always do very well in reviews etc and customers are very happy with this model too. It offers a step up in performance and the biggest differences between these two is the contract levels and the level of detail which is much better on the Epson. It offers more depth which makes the whole image look better and is more involving.

In saying that, the Optoma is technically brighter, so if it's a brighter room, you may be better to stick to that.

Hope that helps but when you return from your trip, we'll happily let you see the two in action.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

Thanks Dave - much appreciated.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.