Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance ... again

• 23-11-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So I received my renewal with liberty a week ago. It came at 760.44 for the whole year. Last year I paid almost 1k.

Thing is, that I went to Liberty's website to get a quote and got 472.84 for the whole year with the exact same details.

Now I am 24, 1 year no claims bonus and 1 year's learner permit.

The bike is a SV 650 restricted.

Didn't ring Liberty so far, but I will start ringing around next week.

Any advice on how should I proceed?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

RobertM wrote: »
    Thing is, that I went to Liberty's website to get a quote and got 472.84 for the whole year with the exact same details.
    Save the online quote with your details & ring Liberty with the reference #...sorted ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

MonstaMash wrote: »
    Save the online quote with your details & ring Liberty with the reference #...sorted ;)

What a price difference. How about any of the other bike insurers. Aon, Aviva, Hibernian, Carol Nash. Was going to say Quinn direct but they became liberty right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I used to do this all the time, thats a crazy difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

yup -done this a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

did you try carol nash? i find them much cheaper. also my clutch cable snapped the other night and three hours after ringing them the bike was fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

Cheers for that. Will ring them monday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

RobertM wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Will ring them monday morning.

just be careful they dont automatically renue it on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And ALWAYS hardball with insurance bastards.. I was quoted €472 fully comp from Adelaide Insurance (fully comp) that was up over €100 from last year so I went online and the blower ~ got back to the pricks and in less than two minutes I hate it for €235 fully comp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Liberty are cnuts to deal with on the phone. Make sure the bike they are quoting you for is the one you are riding.

I've an FZS600 they tried quoting for an FZR600R That little R at the end was costing me over 200 euro and the cnut on the phone insisted they were in the same category.... they aren't.

I told them about my Level 2 assessment and they kept trying to dodge adding it even after I had sent it to them, had to e-mail them to sort it more than once.

Overall, they're sh1t to deal with, I'll be 25 next year, so if I'm still in country I'm gonna go for any other insurer given I should have a fair load off my insurance being in the next age bracket. And likely with a full licence.

Advertisement