Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1LT + VPN

Options
  • 23-11-2013 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭

Being a "caveman" - no TV, I use F1LT to keep track of the Formula one race. Unfortunately, BBC 5 Live on the internet won't let an Irish connection listen so I have a VPN connection in the UK which gives me the radio commentary.

However, when I use the VPN, the F1LT(.exe) stops and I don't know why. F1LT uses the Formula 1 websites user email and password to get their streaming of the event.

Anyone any ideas why it won't work through a VPN? All other websites work well through the VPN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You CAN get BBC radio from an Irish IP. iPlayer for TV takes a little more work, that the forum charter won't let me be more specific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    You CAN get BBC radio from an Irish IP. iPlayer for TV takes a little more work, that the forum charter won't let me be more specific.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live
    Thanks for that link to the BBC. Last week for the F1 grandprix from the USA, what ever BBC 5 live I logged on to, a message came that due to my location, I was not able to receive their commentary.

Hope this works tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Sometimes they don't transmit some types of content on the web stream, due to legal/licensing issues.

[edit]You can get bbc5 on AM here, but reception isn't great in the daytime. 909 and 693 kHz I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Sometimes they don't transmit some types of content on the web stream, due to legal/licensing issues.
    'm sure that's what it is, they don't have the licence from Formula 1 to transmit to the ROI.

Advertisement