Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio not supported

Options
  • 23-11-2013 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a mp4 file that says Audio not supported, what do i do to rectify that, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well personally i install CCCP and that dose all the codecs i need. you can also use the insurgent to see what audio codec is used in your file

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

well personally i install CCCP and that dose all the codecs i need. you can also use the insurgent to see what audio codec is used in your file

Thanks, will that help as i play them through the usb in my telly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You'll need to find out what codecs your tv can play.

Packs, like the one mentioned earlier would mainly be for PCs.

Post up the make/model, we might be able to help you find what you need.

Thanks, the model no is Samsung LE46C530F

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

if not supported you could try recoding it with freemake or similar software.

• Advertisement

try downloading and using Handbrake you can encode the files to the Audio/vid you need to play on your TV

try downloading and using Handbrake you can encode the files to the Audio/vid you need to play on your TV

Thanks for that, will check that out tomoro.

It certainly helped with the audio & a few other files as every time i come across a file with the name fov in the ext,fov.mp4 in which i could never play, until now.

Thanks.

I'm gonna have to avoid these files, as handbrake is handy to say the least, but how long should it take to convert the file as its already an mp4 file as its expected to take about 4hrs, is it because its an older machine its working on?
    As i cant remember how long it took on the laptop compared to the HP desktop i'm now doing it on.

Thanks.

well depends on your settings, are you mistakenly trying too up scale the video with it also, i can normally transcode in seconds for a few mins footage on a I7 with 32Gb ram.

check your bit rate for your pre and post files.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

I do not have it on this computer so cannot check, but I am fairly sure Handbrake has some sort of passthrough option where it will not do anything to the video stream and you can have it only reencode the audio. This would be a lot faster if only the audio part is causing trouble.

well depends on your settings, are you mistakenly trying too up scale the video with it also, i can normally transcode in seconds for a few mins footage on a I7 with 32Gb ram.
    check your bit rate for your pre and post files.

I'm not too familiar with the setting in Handbrake yet, as at the moment i just add the file & it takes ages for it to analyse, & just hit start, that's all really.
    I do not have it on this computer so cannot check, but I am fairly sure Handbrake has some sort of passthrough option where it will not do anything to the video stream and you can have it only reencode the audio. This would be a lot faster if only the audio part is causing trouble.

Yeah, its only the audio part is causing the trouble, as i keep coming across this name at the end of the file-name xxx x264-fov.mp4 & whatever reason the media-player on the tv will come up with Audio not supported.

I must have a look to see where the pass-through option for to re-encode the audio, as yet not too familiar, but shouldn't be too hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Just checked Handbrake and I was wrong about the video passthrough. They only have passthrough for audio.

I think avidemux might work. Drag the file into it and on the left, set Video Output to Copy, Audio Output to aac or mp3 (both should work on just about anything), and Output Format to MP4v2 Muxer. Then hit save and it will save a new copy with the changes.

You could also try leaving audio as copy and only setting Output Format as above. This will only put the video and audio streams in a new container file but may fix it for some players if there was a bug in the original container.

Fov is a release group for recorded tv shows. It is probably whatever sort of encoding or container they use was being a bit buggy.

On closer inspection it says file format not supported, but after goin 5hrs approx encoding, it played on the media player on the tv.

As the last time it was the audio that was the problem.

I'll keep the avidemux in mind the next time, as I've also just noticed my rss feed has updated to included that file, as the rss is pretty new to me as it saves me time looking for it since Isohunt went away.

I'll just keep away from FOV as they were the only files that didnt work, i dont know why?

Thanks.

Even when clicking on fast encode, it still took 5hr approx, if i can upload a log from it, as the rss feed had a FOV file, but thankully on that specific type of series.

But if someone wants to have a look to see what's causing the long time on encoding or whatever is wrong?

As i've realised on one occasion the encoded file has to be in the same folder as the original, as i've noticed afterwards it didnt encode?

Advertisement