If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some ceiling speakers...

Options
  • 23-11-2013 4:40pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Taking down my kitchen/living area ceiling so looking for some ceiling speakers.

Set A will be run off the B speakers from my existing amp and will be just for radio/perhaps cd, need to be white and stereo and not too deep, 6-8cm would be great as this would avoid me messing with insulation, bit of woomp required, I hate tinny sound!
    Set B will be the rear surround speakers (A speakers) from my existing amp (Sony SRT-DB940) so need to match up on centre/front speakers which are all SAV-E, I can check the impedance later if required). Again white with 6-8cm depth.
    Not looking to raid the bank here guys...
    As always advice and links appreciated...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

slave1 wrote: »
    Guys,

Taking down my kitchen/living area ceiling so looking for some ceiling speakers.

Set A will be run off the B speakers from my existing amp and will be just for radio/perhaps cd, need to be white and stereo and not too deep, 6-8cm would be great as this would avoid me messing with insulation, bit of woomp required, I hate tinny sound!
    Set B will be the rear surround speakers (A speakers) from my existing amp (Sony SRT-DB940) so need to match up on centre/front speakers which are all SAV-E, I can check the impedance later if required). Again white with 6-8cm depth.
    Not looking to raid the bank here guys...
    As always advice and links appreciated...
    Hi Slave,

Back so soon :p

Got a good choice in in-ceiling speakers that would work well for you.  The only thing is these are sitting at around 11.8cm deep :(  They're the Monitor Audio CT165TS.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/installation-speakers/monitor-audio/ct165/moni-audio-ct165

For the rear speakers how about the Monitor Audio CWT140s currently sitting at £99.95 each.  Nice little speaker.  Again depth tho you're looking at 9.86.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/cwt/cwt-140/

There may be over speakers we could get that wouldn't be as deep made by a company called Apart.  I could check pricing on these for you.  May do the job :)

Chris

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Back so soon :p

Chris
    I know, can't keep away :p

Too deep Chris, just can't get away with those depths unfortunately due to insulation and joists.
    If the other crowd's speakers are shallower then maybe but if not don't waste your time chasing on pricing.

Thanks for getting back so quick!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

slave1 wrote: »
    I know, can't keep away :p

Too deep Chris, just can't get away with those depths unfortunately due to insulation and joists.
    If the other crowd's speakers are shallower then maybe but if not don't waste your time chasing on pricing.

Thanks for getting back so quick!
    Hi Slave,

Going by memory the Apart speakers aren't as deep as the Monitor Audios.  

I'm having issues getting our price list opened here.  I'm sure they'll have something that will get you sorted.

I'm off tomorrow but I'll leave a note for someone to contact our supplier to get more details.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.