Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Rabbit

• 23-11-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

Found a rabbit out by the road outside my house. Brought it to the pet shop but they couldn't do much. Closest vet is closed. Its obviously not wild as it will let you pick it up. What should I do? I can't just let him/her roam free.

I have to go to meet a friend later, would it be okay to leave it in the bathroom for the evening? Leave some water and lettuce with it?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Oh and I'm in the Deansgrange, Co. Dublin area if anyone owns it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Julez wrote: »
    Found a rabbit out by the road outside my house. Brought it to the pet shop but they couldn't do much. Closest vet is closed. Its obviously not wild as it will let you pick it up. What should I do? I can't just let him/her roam free.

I have to go to meet a friend later, would it be okay to leave it in the bathroom for the evening? Leave some water and lettuce with it?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks

Oh and I'm in the Deansgrange, Co. Dublin area if anyone owns it!

Don't give it lettuce. It can cause the runs which is very dangerous for rabbits. Try a carrot or brown bread if you have some. Leave water & make sure there is no cables anywhere for it to chew.

Well done for rescuing him. The DSPCA might help you with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

We had a pet rabbit on our front lawn one evening. The neighbours kids kept chasing it to catch it, so I had to intervene and tell them to stop as he might run out in front of a car. So we left him in my back garden and then I went investigating!!
    Typically I don't really know anyone in my estate but I do know one woman with kids that play out on the street. So I went and spoke to her and asked her kids if they knew anyone that owned a rabbit. Unsurprisingly the kids were able to point me to the right house (they play on the street with other kids do know lots of people in the estate). So I was able to find the owner.

Really I suppose all you can do is go door to door and see if anyone is missing a rabbit. It can't have travelled far! Good luck.

Advertisement