Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSG 522 Legality - Michael Healy Rae

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Cass wrote: »
    Could this be the first test case? Regarding barrel length, etc.
    I'm not sure if I should throw up in my mouth or poop myself in response to that possibility....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

garv123 wrote: »
    Maybe they do read boards..

http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/news/article5340944.ece

He's had to hand it in to an RFD for inspection of its calibre and is it the correct licence..

Just after reading that article there are some journalists who are basicaly thick c**ts when it comes to firearms, they refer to the weapon he has an legal adaptation of the killer weapon.its not like any other firearm wont kill you or something.They also state on the photo him firing an "ASSAULT RIFLE"but if they did any research that type of rifle is basically designed for killing people and wouldnt get a licence in Ireland for it regardless who u are. Also towards the end we get a victims family member whom was killed in a gangland murder giving out bcos he said he like guns, I have sympathy for that person and their loss but it was hired scumbags and murders that pose the threat to ordinary decent people and fellows owning or legally using firearms or imatation firearms don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

What is the likelihood of anybody except AGS/PDF in the RoI having a GENUINE 9mm Para Heckler & Koch MP5 sub-machinegun and the .22 sub-calibre conversion kit to go with it? Moreover, one that they can then shoot out in an open field as we clearly see Mr Healy-Rae doing?

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

What a mess. When tv3 announced this programme earlier in the summer and said it would show the healy-raes love of shooting, we all knew it would end up bad, and that sun article is as bad as it gets. Whats the odds it ends up with a shouting match in the dail between shatter and healy-rae ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rowa wrote: »
    Whats the odds it ends up with a shouting match in the dail between shatter and healy-rae ?
    Problem there is the man shouting back on "behalf" of shooters. The same man in the programme that openly says he'll use his firearm for home protection (and wants it so you can get a gun for this reason) among other gems of his. IOW it'll end up a one sided f**k fest. And in the end all shooters will be lumped in with him. As was said above the family of that young lad that was murdered. She cannot make the differentiation between illegal guns that criminals use and the legally held ones.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

She cannot make the differentiation between illegal guns that criminals use and the legally held ones.

And the "journalist" isn't going to clarify things in his article either, even thought they all know well there is a huge difference between the scum that shot her son and legal law abiding shooters. Sadly as sparks proved last week when he posted a Dail question from healy-rae to shatter on firearms, H-R doesn't know when to let something sit and say nothing. I'll say it again, what a mess.

I want to stress i'm not trying to be a cold hearted dick. I feel for the family and it's a tragic incident, perpetrated by the lowest form of scum, that lead to that young man's death.

As you said no one, especially the papers that are concerned with sales, will help point this out. Not that the woman or family involved care. I know if it were my family/relative and i was not into guns i wouldn't care who had it or if it were legal. She only sees the item that killed her son.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Dian Cecht

rowa wrote: »
    last week when he posted a Dail question from healy-rae to shatter on firearms,

Coincidence or what :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

As was said above the family of that young lad that was murdered. She cannot make the differentiation between illegal guns that criminals use and the legally held ones.

What got me is...Where is the connection between a hil billy TD shooting a toy lokalike liscensed?gun in the real sense of the word,on a TV show and a young fellah that was shot by a illegal firearm two years ago in a gangland hit for being in the wrong place and time???:confused::confused:

Like asking the relatives of the survivors of the Titanic disaster what they think of the Costa Concordia wreck.:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    What got me is...Where is the connection between a hil billy TD shooting a toy lokalike liscensed?gun in the real sense of the word,on a TV show and a young fellah that was shot by a illegal firearm two years ago in a gangland hit for being in the wrong place and time???:confused::confused:
    As i said the majority of people do not know the ins and outs of firearms, ownership, legalities and workings.
    Not that the woman or family involved care. I know if it were my family/relative and i was not into guns i wouldn't care who had it or if it were legal. She only sees the item that killed her son.

To this woman and her family she does not care about it. Only that it happened. She sees firearms as the offending object that lost her, her son. Simple as. A sentiment i can understand.

The simple truth is if you tried to convince this lady of the difference between legally held guns and illegal ones she probably already knows, but she needs something to be angry at and Healy-Rae provided that outlet. I wouldn't insult her or the memory of her son buy trying to convince her that legally held firearms are grand. She wouldn't want to hear it.

• Advertisement

As i said the majority of people do not know the ins and outs of firearms, ownership, legalities and workings.

And some of those that do (eg. ahern and a lot of so called journalists) choose to ignore it and blame us anyway. As in that horrible shooting in limerick just prior to the 2008 restriction on c/f pistols, the dogs in the street knew who done it and it wasn't someone who had just finished his probationary period in a gun club :rolleyes: , Its too good a chance to miss to get a dig in at us.
    Also the media love the healy-raes, and vice versa, this is a non story really but the sun chooses to print half a page on it.

My first impression when i read it was to say "that was done by illegally held guns". So i understand, and have made the same defensive statements in the past. However they were aimed at those that hate firearms simply to hate them. With no personal involvement (good or bad) with them. My posts above are specifically relating to the woman quoted in the article and no more.

As for the others, well hell yeah. The killing in 2008, was directly responsible for the knee jerk legislation that has lead to the clamp down on C/F pistols. It was short sighted, and a self pat on the back reaction to a situation they cannot control. IOW they cannot limit or restrict criminals so they target us.

Lets not forget that other than being the whipping boys we are also on their agenda. By that i mean even if there were not criminal killings we would still be targeted simply for being firearm owners. The predominant attitude is civilians should not have firearms. I'm going fairly off topic here, but the attitude of "guns are bad" and "they're evil" annoys me. This country was founded at the end of a barrel. Now i really don't want to go down that route of conversation as it's really not appropriate to a sporting forum. However the cries of "guns are useless" and ""they serve no purpose" are short sighted, ignorant, and usually spouted by those with no idea of either the sporting world of shooting, outdoor pursuits or no recollection of the history/formation of their own country. Always reminds me of the anti capitalist demonstrators you see on TV. Wearing Nike runners, using mobile phones, wearing the latest fashion, yet they call for an end to capitalist ways. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

PLUS 1 on that entire post Cas.
    Might sound very pithy and RTKBA,but there is alot of truth in the saying

When guns are outlawed only criminals on both sides of the law will have them,

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement