Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I wish to get efibre.

• 23-11-2013 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I am a existing customer of eircom for the past 10 years, how long contract do I have to sign if I am an existing Customer and does my account fully change as in account number etc...?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

fontdor wrote: »
    I am a existing customer of eircom for the past 10 years, how long contract do I have to sign if I am an existing Customer and does my account fully change as in account number etc...?

Thanks.

You will have a new contract for 18 months with a new account number.

If you have any more questions you should find answers for them in this thread. I posted about the changeover procedure a few weeks ago, partly quoted below. I have since got my first eFibre bill and everything seems to be correct. If you do not want to go direct debit, apply by phone.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985

They will probably say you have to pay by Direct Debit, but tell them you are an existing customer and they will not insist on that. You will be given a new Eircom account number. A final bill for €0.00 will issue for the existing account number and any arrears will be added to the first fibre bill. There will be a delay of 6/8 weeks so the first bill could be substantial. After that it will be monthly bills even if you are bi monthly at present. New contract for 18 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

You will have a new contract for 18 months with a new account number.

If you have any more questions you should find answers for them in this thread. I posted about the changeover procedure a few weeks ago, partly quoted below. I have since got my first eFibre bill and everything seems to be correct. If you do not want to go direct debit, apply by phone.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985

They will probably say you have to pay by Direct Debit, but tell them you are an existing customer and they will not insist on that. You will be given a new Eircom account number. A final bill for €0.00 will issue for the existing account number and any arrears will be added to the first fibre bill. There will be a delay of 6/8 weeks so the first bill could be substantial. After that it will be monthly bills even if you are bi monthly at present. New contract for 18 months.

Thanks so much! Also now that you have efibre, how good is the speed of it's upload and download?

I must be very near a cabinet as I am getting speeds like these since installation, out of a possible 50/15.

3122288922.png

I have it since 2 Oct with no problems. If you can get it go for it.

I must be very near a cabinet as I am getting speeds like these since installation, out of a possible 50/15.

3122288922.png

I have it since 2 Oct with no problems. If you can get it go for it.

Well honestly I would love to have it but It is available at my house on December the 11th 2013.

Just one question which cabinet do you have to be close to? There are a few around my area tbh so does it matter which you are close to?

Also I spoke to eircom via phone two weeks ago and I said I am a existing customer but they said you have to pay with direct debit for three months then you can cancel it.

I am relying on the information given here by an Eircom rep, but that was in May. They tried to tell me on 25 Sept that I could only have Direct Debit but I insisted that I didn't and that was accepted.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/direct-debit-requirement-signing-up-for-efibre-upgrade/td-p/32974

I have looked into these queries for you. A direct debit is required for new Eircom customers only, if you are an existing Eircom customer you are not required to set one up.

If you want to check the current policy you could go on the Talk to Eircom forum here to ask.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

Your house is connected to only one cabinet. The engineer will tell you which one when the installation is being done.

• Advertisement

I am relying on the information given here by an Eircom rep, but that was in May. They tried to tell me on 25 Sept that I could only have Direct Debit but I insisted that I didn't and that was accepted.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/direct-debit-requirement-signing-up-for-efibre-upgrade/td-p/32974

I have looked into these queries for you. A direct debit is required for new Eircom customers only, if you are an existing Eircom customer you are not required to set one up.

If you want to check the current policy you could go on the Talk to Eircom forum here to ask.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

Your house is connected to only one cabinet. The engineer will tell you which one when the installation is being done.

Thank you very much.

Also very last question how does the modem look like is there ay pictures of set up and how the modem looks like anywhere?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BeerNut wrote: »

Thanks very much.

Advertisement