Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one broken brick( power supply)

Options
  • 23-11-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I ordered a "day one" xbox one, unwrapped it , set it up, didn't turn on. After checking everything, I noticed there was no light on the power supply box ( I think it's called a brick ) after checking and re checking , I seem it as not working/ faulty.
    Rang xbox support , after 3 different advisors and 1 manager I am still no
    closer to getting a replacement , they are ringing back Monday , after being a xbox customer for many many years I am dissapointed with the level of customer service I have experainced
    Microsoft have put a lot of emphasis on the " day one" console as it stands my "day one" console has not been used , it's now " day two" , Monday will be "day four" ( it still won't be working on that day) if I am lucky enough to get a replacement brick by next Friday , that will be my "day one" xbox one working on "day seven " and that being hopefull

Just wandering if anyone has had simler problems and if so how was their customer service experaince . What did they do and say to get a replacement ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

I am assuming support talked you through all the troubleshooting? eg plugging everything out and back in again, trying a different socket etc

Support page for power brick with no light - http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/console-wont-power-on

If you have tried all of the above it is a replacement you need (but you seem to have figured that out or been told that already). Can't get my head around why they haven't just set up the replacement for you already unless they have rang you back since your post. Unfortunately a replacement can take up to 28 days although I doubt it would be more than 2 weeks (personal opinion) (you send them the old psu and they send you a new one when they test it and see it is faulty).

Either way you can go to myservice.xbox.com and request an in warranty replacement for the power brick or ring support in the morning (ring the uk number if you can't get through on the Irish number tomorrow as they are closed Sundays or just wait until Monday) and ask them to set up a replacement. Whatever is easier for you (might be more reassuring to ring support). Whatever way you decide to set up the replacement, by phone or online, the sooner you do it the quicker you'll get it.

PS If you do ring the UK number ask the person you get through to if they can ring you back as obviously calling the uk might be a tad expensive - if they aren't too busy you shouldn't have a problem with them ringing you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I am assuming support talked you through all the troubleshooting? eg plugging everything out and back in again, trying a different socket etc

Support page for power brick with no light - http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/console-wont-power-on

If you have tried all of the above it is a replacement you need (but you seem to have figured that out or been told that already). Can't get my head around why they haven't just set up the replacement for you already unless they have rang you back since your post. Unfortunately a replacement can take up to 28 days although I doubt it would be more than 2 weeks (personal opinion) (you send them the old psu and they send you a new one when they test it and see it is faulty).

Either way you can go to myservice.xbox.com and request an in warranty replacement for the power brick or ring support in the morning (ring the uk number if you can't get through on the Irish number tomorrow as they are closed Sundays or just wait until Monday) and ask them to set up a replacement. Whatever is easier for you (might be more reassuring to ring support). Whatever way you decide to set up the replacement, by phone or online, the sooner you do it the quicker you'll get it.

PS If you do ring the UK number ask the person you get through to if they can ring you back as obviously calling the uk might be a tad expensive - if they aren't too busy you shouldn't have a problem with them ringing you back.

Irish Support open tomorrow from 10-6.....

We can sort it out for you (01) 242 0758

Or even use the click to call function on Xbox.com and you won't be charged for any call...

Good advice from Dubaicentral regarding using :

[url]Http://myservice.Xbox.com[/url] - and you can book the repair yourself to save the hassle of any call...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Fieldog wrote: »
    Irish Support open tomorrow from 10-6.....

We can sort it out for you (01) 242 0758

Or even use the click to call function on Xbox.com and you won't be charged for any call...

Good advice from Dubaicentral regarding using :

[url]Http://myservice.Xbox.com[/url] - and you can book the repair yourself to save the hassle of any call...

Repair service?

No sir. He should be looking for a complete unit replacement. It was sold as a unit and should therefore be replaced as one.

OP, make sure you get a brand new system.

Microsoft were quick to include the Kinect in the bundle so you be quick enough to want a new unit.

In response to jantheman91 when the psu gets to the repair centre and it is found to be faulty he will simply be sent out a new power supply brick not a repaired one. Repair is just the term used for setting it up but in reality it is probably cheaper to just send out a new one rather that have one repaired, plus it also gives the customer better piece of mind that they have been given a new part rather than a repaired one (personally would prefer a new one myself)

In relation to demanding the entire system being replaced because of one component fault that is just mad. As far as i know any faults found on the actual console that cannot be resolved through troubleshooting or updates are being replaced no questions asked.

If you purchased a brand new car and the battery was faulty do you think the dealer or manufacture would give you a brand new car or just give you a new battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Repair service?

No sir. He should be looking for a complete unit replacement. It was sold as a unit and should therefore be replaced as one.

OP, make sure you get a brand new system.

Microsoft were quick to include the Kinect in the bundle so you be quick enough to want a new unit.

What has that got to do with a faulty power brick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭VivGrise

Mcgman2006 wrote: »
    I ordered a "day one" xbox one, unwrapped it , set it up, didn't turn on. After checking everything, I noticed there was no light on the power supply box ( I think it's called a brick ) after checking and re checking , I seem it as not working/ faulty.
    Rang xbox support , after 3 different advisors and 1 manager I am still no
    closer to getting a replacement , they are ringing back Monday , after being a xbox customer for many many years I am disappointed with the level of customer service I have experienced
    Microsoft have put a lot of emphasis on the " day one" console as it stands my "day one" console has not been used , it's now " day two" , Monday will be "day four" ( it still won't be working on that day) if I am lucky enough to get a replacement brick by next Friday , that will be my "day one" xbox one working on "day seven " and that being hopefull

Just wandering if anyone has had simler problems and if so how was their customer service experaince . What did they do and say to get a replacement ??

I've had the exact same experience as you. I was on chat for nearly 3 hours on Friday. I wasn't able to call them which is what I should have did, but basically I explained my problem to the first agent and he set up a service request to send a replacement to me. No problem I thought, until he said it would be 19 days to receive it!

To say I was disappointed was an understatement, and I then asked for it to be escalated and he said he would and gave me the service number. Two days later and the tracking hasn't bee updated, so I go back on chat and the person said that they couldn't do anything at all to see if the request has been put through or not.

I don't want to have to call tomorrow but I will probably have to. I really don't fancy being on hold all morning and then have to explain everyhting again. Very poor experience.

VivGrise wrote: »
    I've had the exact same experience as you. I was on chat for nearly 3 hours on Friday. I wasn't able to call them which is what I should have did, but basically I explained my problem to the first agent and he set up a service request to send a replacement to me. No problem I thought, until he said it would be 19 days to receive it!

To say I was disappointed was an understatement, and I then asked for it to be escalated and he said he would and gave me the service number. Two days later and the tracking hasn't bee updated, so I go back on chat and the person said that they couldn't do anything at all to see if the request has been put through or not.

I don't want to have to call tomorrow but I will probably have to. I really don't fancy being on hold all morning and then have to explain everyhting again. Very poor experience.

Something doesn't quite sound right here from what your where told from chat support. A replacement or repair would involve you sending the old psu back and when it is received you will be sent a new one, no mention in your post of being asked to send a the broken one back. Either this wasn't explained to you or you a repair/replacement hasn't been set up.

I would suggest you ring support tomorrow and give them your reference number/service request number and they should be able to tell you within a couple of minutes what is currently happening with your replacement and if it nothing is found they will sort it for you.

In the mean time check your email to see if you have received anything indicating that a replacement/repair has been set up and if there is an email all the instructions for sending the old one back should be in there.

Also as far as i know if you were told 19 days this is the longest amount of time it will take and not necessarily the actual turnaround time (could be 1-2 weeks easily).

Something doesn't quite sound right here from what your where told from chat support. A replacement or repair would involve you sending the old psu back and when it is received you will be sent a new one, no mention in your post of being asked to send a the broken one back. Either this wasn't explained to you or you a repair/replacement hasn't been set up.

I would suggest you ring support tomorrow and give them your reference number/service request number and they should be able to tell you within a couple of minutes what is currently happening with your replacement and if it nothing is found they will sort it for you.

In the mean time check your email to see if you have received anything indicating that a replacement/repair has been set up and if there is an email all the instructions for sending the old one back should be in there.

Also as far as i know if you were told 19 days this is the longest amount of time it will take and not necessarily the actual turnaround time (could be 1-2 weeks easily).

Exactly I was never told I would need to send back the broken PSU. Extremely bad customer service. The second time I was on chat, they confirmed that I wouldn't have to send back the chat, and I have the log of that conversation.

Having the console and not even getting the replacement brick for 19 days is bad, but getting wrong information from two different people is extremely annoying.

I am not saying you were definitely given the wrong info but realistically your best bet is calling support tomorrow and having them tell you exactly what has or hasn't happened with the repair and let them set up the repair/replacement if needs be. Have you received any emails in relation to a repair/replacement?

Just seems a bit funny. Talking to somebody on the phone should clear everything up and give you a better idea of what is going on.

So to update:

Just off the phone from Microsfot Support. No help at all, confirmed that I was indeed told the wrong information by three agents on their chat. The first one created a service request number to give me a number, but never told me that I had to send back to them, never sent me an email, and never set the service repair properly. This is why i could not check the status of it online, and why the other agents could not give me any info.

The second agent told me the replacement PSU was on the way, and was going to be FED EX'd to be in 4-5 working days. And that the tracking would update in

Vivion: Is there tracking available? I need to try to be at home for the delivery, and I would like to know when it is in my area!
    Bella: The tracking you have is the service request number you have given me. It will be delivered by Fedex to your mailing address. I will provide you the link you need to track it on your end using the service request number. Cheers! :)
    Bella: Track Package

So I was basically lied to by 3 Microsoft employees, and the girl I was speaking to on the phone, while being very understanding and polite, was not able to help at all. The only way I was able to contact Xbox at all today is because I'm sick from work. I was told the only thing she could do is set up a repair which could take a maximum of 28 days. I said it wasn't good enough, and asked to speak to a manager. She then said the manager would only say the same thing.

I cannot stress how much of a poor experience this entire thing has been. The agent on the phone basically couldn't tell me why the agents lied to me (She had me on hold to read through all the chat messages).

I'm going to return the console to Tesco and get my refund, can't bear Microsoft after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mcgman2006

VivGrise wrote: »
    So to update:

Just off the phone from Microsfot Support. No help at all, confirmed that I was indeed told the wrong information by three agents on their chat. The first one created a service request number to give me a number, but never told me that I had to send back to them, never sent me an email, and never set the service repair properly. This is why i could not check the status of it online, and why the other agents could not give me any info.

The second agent told me the replacement PSU was on the way, and was going to be FED EX'd to be in 4-5 working days. And that the tracking would update in

Vivion: Is there tracking available? I need to try to be at home for the delivery, and I would like to know when it is in my area!
    Bella: The tracking you have is the service request number you have given me. It will be delivered by Fedex to your mailing address. I will provide you the link you need to track it on your end using the service request number. Cheers! :)
    Bella: Track Package

So I was basically lied to by 3 Microsoft employees, and the girl I was speaking to on the phone, while being very understanding and polite, was not able to help at all. The only way I was able to contact Xbox at all today is because I'm sick from work. I was told the only thing she could do is set up a repair which could take a maximum of 28 days. I said it wasn't good enough, and asked to speak to a manager. She then said the manager would only say the same thing.

I cannot stress how much of a poor experience this entire thing has been. The agent on the phone basically couldn't tell me why the agents lied to me (She had me on hold to read through all the chat messages).

I'm going to return the console to Tesco and get my refund, can't bear Microsoft after this.

I know how you feel, been lied too by three different agents and a manager, waiting for another call back today , but looks like I am going to have to return it, and wait, I am complety gobsmaked at the lack of customer service , I would have been better off if the xbox itself was broke and could get a direct replacement , all I need is a psu for gods sake, I have been a xbox live customer for many years, spent a bit of money on xbox live , and they still can't be gracious enough to send a replacement straight away, utterly distugusted with them, once I have the psu I am going to take my case to trafing standards, not usually that pedantic but in this case I will be, they put the emphasis on buying a " day one" xbox one , they have not gave me what I paid for......... Ps4 is looking better all the time

Advertisement