Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Camillus' Hospital

• 23-11-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey

Does anyone know if you can bring kids into the hospital as they want to see granddad for a few minutes and none seems to know and my husband forgot to ask staff yesterday

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Yes of course, they are quite relaxed about visitors in there. The residents love to see them as well. Maybe if he is very sick they may not approve but generally it is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Thanks DB he is in for physio and to work his legs back up for stairs after an operation so I presume they be allowed In so and he has his own room

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

I pop in to Boards to see what's happening, etc. but was amused to see your original post.
    I'm nearly 60 and don't use Facebook or other social media but your request for info re visiting Rules through this site best exemplified the generational gap!
    Why not ring the Hospital?
    If you did, you would be sure that the response was 100% authentic.

I'm not trying to find fault with the way you go about solving a problem, I'm only pointing out the differences that evolve through available technology bring less secure outcomes.

Would you never telephone a Hospital Reception to find out visiting hours or restrictions?

Why did you rely upon the response of anonymous strangers rather than make a telephoned enquiry?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Annabananna

Hey

Well you see I did call before posting but the helpful person said ah I not too sure now if kids are officially allowed some say they are some say they not.

So after that helpful advice I thought I use boards and see what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

doublej wrote: »
    I pop in to Boards to see what's happening, etc. but was amused to see your original post.
    I'm nearly 60 and don't use Facebook or other social media but your request for info re visiting Rules through this site best exemplified the generational gap!
    Why not ring the Hospital?
    If you did, you would be sure that the response was 100% authentic.

I'm not trying to find fault with the way you go about solving a problem, I'm only pointing out the differences that evolve through available technology bring less secure outcomes.

Would you never telephone a Hospital Reception to find out visiting hours or restrictions?

Why did you rely upon the response of anonymous strangers rather than make a telephoned enquiry?

Regards

why should it matter to anyone else how someone wants to get information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

alroley wrote: »
    why should it matter to anyone else how someone wants to get information?

It's out of interest in what is obviously a difference in generations, no criticism intended as I quite clearly pointed out to the lady ( who sent me a charming and very comprehensive PM).
    When you reach my age, even little things interest me!!

Advertisement