Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon black Friday week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Mezcita wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Got one.

only HD ready :( gonna give it a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

00sully wrote: »
    Wow I somehow managed to nab one from my phone! Fastest finger :D

just went back to the start and its says wii-u's are available now , 76% claimed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

brianblaze wrote: »
    Probably the saving? Verrechnen means charge, Aktionsguthaben means action balance...

Use Google Chrome and it should translate the whole page for you

Yeah thats what it was, I was being a bit slow there, sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So my Limited Edition White DS arrived today - there's still time for buyers remorse as I haven't cracked the seal on it yet - do I want this item? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got the wii u immediately (was on the laptop) so happy enough. Not an amazing saving but 250 with two decent games vs 250 in smyths with one average one wins hands down. Now to figure out do I need an sd card for it and the pro cotroller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Just picked up that TV on amazon.de for just under 250 euro delivered, cheers for that, another TV I need to justify to the missus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

tony1980 wrote: »
    Just picked up that TV on amazon.de for just under 250 euro delivered, cheers for that, another TV I need to justify to the missus :D
    Up to what size tv will they ship here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Fvxking waitlists. Have to sit looking at screen because you don't get notifications on the mobile app.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

That's another reason I didn't go for it but glad some others did!

I myself picked up the Disney Cars coat there for the wee man was on the waitlist but got it thankfully. Missed the Minnie Mouse one the day for my niece but glad to have got this...18.70 Euro delivered. Great saving!

Elder scrolls anthology worth it? Pricewise I mean. I know ITS worth it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Is the Sony BDPS3100 Smart Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player a good deal at £62.99?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BIEFR0U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Need the Wifi and youtube on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wii U deal also includes Lego Batman 2 which it fails to mention

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have people gotten the free shipping for items under 25£?

Wii U deal also includes Lego Batman 2 which it fails to mention

you serious? how do you know? cool!

have people gotten the free shipping for items under 25£?

yeah the jacket was £15 and got free super saver delivery to Donegal. due by next Friday. no panic with it anyway

wii U deal back live again for £200...93% claimed it says

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i use the wifes ancient laptop which seems to load to deals quicker than all the new pcs so seem to get every offer so far.
    Didn't realise theres free delivery under 25 pounds....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

plus they have sent me a few different boxes all from the same location which is bizarre also.........
    I have plenty of small stocking fillers saved in the basket and picking them off as needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

i was looking at a tv there and it counted down at 11am, the deal refreshed and everything was gone and i was 322 on the waitlist, how did this happen in the space of 15 seconds can anyone tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,104 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Nuttzz wrote: »
    i was looking at a tv there and it counted down at 11am, the deal refreshed and everything was gone and i was 322 on the waitlist, how did this happen in the space of 15 seconds can anyone tell me?

I have it in my basket.

If you don't get it, this is just £10 more - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE32F6100-32-inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B00BXM1XX2/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1385637164&sr=1-4&keywords=32%22+3D+tv

EDIT: Left it go. Would much prefer to spend my €400 on the PS4 on Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Had a Wiiu in my basket and then remembered how utterly ****e the WII was and removed, gone now

Really disappointed so far with the sale overall, nothing of interest for me has sprung up once.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Anybody think they will do a tablet/Ipad tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Rocksmith 2014 with real cable included seems to be good at £29.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Rocksmith 2014 with real cable included seems to be good at £29.99

Grabbed that myself. Great deal considering it's 69.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I got that as well. Thanks to whoever posted it. €249 delivered. Will suit me perfect for gaming and streaming Netflix etc. Good deal.

I think you should have no problem getting that 32" LG 3D TV. Went from wait list full to a very small wait list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

thinking of going for the xbox 360 and kinect at 4.15 today if a decent discount ,although bit wary there might be a few price cuts soon on these anyway with the xbox One released.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

has anybody else had this issue? I tried to buy the Rocksmith game for Xbox, did it right at 11.15, there only 20% claimed at that point. Added to the basked, saw the discounted price, clicked through to select address and payment method, when i got to the final confirmation page the price in the summary was without the promotion even though there was the timer at the top still saying i had 14 minutes to complete the transaction. i went ahead and ordered it thinking i'd get the promotional price once the order was confirmed but sure enough i got a text message from my bank showing i was charged full price!
    started a chat with customer support and at first they said i hadnt bought it soon enough. i sent them a screenshot of the page which clearly shows that i had 14min left on the timer. answer "sorry, must have been a techincal issue. do you want me to cancel that order for you or are you going to be paying full price for it?" thought amazon customer service would be better than that... :mad:
    i tried claiming another promotion and the same happens, when i get to the summary page it shows the full price. anybody else has experienced this? there's a few other things i'd like to try for later today, it would be a royal pain if this issue persists

Rooy wrote: »
    thinking of going for the xbox 360 and kinect at 4.15 today if a decent discount ,although bit wary there might be a few price cuts soon on these anyway with the xbox One released.

This is coming up for sale on Amazon in a week. http://www.amazon.co.uk/250GB-Console-Raider-Value-Bundle/dp/B00EZI3AM8/ref=gb1h_tit_c-5_9667_e3eb5bf3?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0TG5MD5SQ57Y2B1QRNBP&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449479667

You're going to need a bigger hard drive than 4GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Pingi wrote: »
    Anybody think they will do a tablet/Ipad tomorrow?

There's an 8in Lenovo Yoga Tab later this evening http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G459J5W/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_cdaf66a3?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0PH45PD0272X25S16QS5&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827 at 5:30pm

I missed the 7 inch lenovo one that was up yesterday and might be tempted to go for this one if they take enough off it.

Considering it for the OH for Christmas as its a lot less than the Samsung 8in tablet I was thinking about get him. Any idea if these are any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 subzero10

Skylanders Giants is 70 Euro in Smyths! . Its £35 pounds on amazon with this discount coming up. Come on 50% discount!!!!!! haha

• Advertisement

Aodhagan wrote: »

Pardon my ignorance but how do you know it's coming up for sale in a week?? Is it not already on sale??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

farming simulator on later,so the dubs can feel like boggers for a while

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but how do you know it's coming up for sale in a week?? Is it not already on sale??

Actually it probably is already on sale. I just got it from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Aodhagan wrote: »

Thanks for that Aodhagan , not sure what you meant by "coming up for sale in a week" ? , that £149.99 bundle price looks available now ,and seems a great deal.
    It is for my young son from Santa who is only interested in Minecraft ,he is too young for anything too graphic/voilent so I thought i would get away with the 4gb model , any googling about it gives a range of 4gb will be fine to dont waste your time with the 4gb model.
    Is there anything else I need to be wary of with 4gbs that will make me regret it afterwards , is it largely for saved games , i think you can stick on an external usb with the latest model ?
    The Black Friday deal has Kinect also , so hopefully there will be 25%+ discount which will make it very attractive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

To the people who got their stuff delivered quickly, was it sent by An Post or a courier? I've 2 packages out for delivery with iparcel, and all I can see about them is horror stories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

alwaysadub wrote: »
    To the people who got their stuff delivered quickly, was it sent by An Post or a courier? I've 2 packages out for delivery with iparcel, and all I can see about them is horror stories!

Made a few orders on Monday/Tuesday.
    An Post delivered today.
    iParcel are ready for transit with an ETA of next Tuesday/Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any sign of a decent Android tablet yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I've been looking to get my first Action Camera.
    Definitely getting the Chilli Technology one.
    I've seen some videos online, audio isn't great, but video looks good, at least for a starter.
    £35 seems pretty decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Nuttzz wrote: »

Simple. Supply & Demand.

Just like if you were ordering tickets on ticketmaster for a very popular gig, it could sell out instantly.

Same goes for these offers on amazon. They are only going to sell so much of the product at the reduced price, and hundreds if not a few thousand may click add to basket at the same time, so not everyone is going to get it, its just pot luck at the end of the day and how fast you computer and internet connection is.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

An post brought mine yesterday, waiting on 2 others. The postman came this morning but the package was for somebody else, he was just asking if I knew them because the full address wasn't on it. All 3 ordered Monday, first one arrived yesterday. More ordered yesterday, will see when it comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

AnPost usually deliver my Amazon stuff within 2-4 days from dispatch but IParcel deliver within 2-4 weeks from dispatch unless they or Amazon hold the parcel for another week for unknown reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ordered a jacket and had it within 3/4 days, Fastway delivered it this side of the water on i-parcel's behalf

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wait all week for a boardgame to come up, happens to be one I just bought for over double the price, damn you amazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

the upcoming 500gb ps3 appears to have disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got my Lego cat table. Its huge. Son will love it. On again in my the morning for those who missed it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement