Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon black Friday week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

turniphead wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but I'm not tech minded. Would that Micro SD card work in a Samsung galaxy S3 phone?

I dont see why it wouldn't, i currently have a 32gb Micro SD Card in my S3 and have no problems with it.

Edit: Just double checked on google, and a few people have said it works perfectly. If its not formatted to FAT32, just format it to that format, as most suggest FAT32 is the best option... Bit its probably not necessary, that's just other peoples opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Anyone know if the MadCatz mouse is set to come down by much?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

turniphead wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but I'm not tech minded. Would that Micro SD card work in a Samsung galaxy S3 phone?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2207305

Worth a read but TLDR - make sure the very first thing you do with the card is format to fat32.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

Anyone know if the MadCatz mouse is set to come down by much?

Any ideas?

It's on .de as well at the moment with a 34% discount so if they do the same on uk it'll be about £45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Never used amazon before and I'm a bit lost..Could someone please tell me how to get in euros and in English language?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

anyone else see that they are selling the kindle fire 7" for £99 on uk site and €99 on german site! where's the sense in that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Battlefield 4 Deluxe for 47 on .de
    Tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Never used amazon before and I'm a bit lost..Could someone please tell me how to get in euros and not English language?

I'm sorry, what?? If you are Amazon.co.uk then the clue is in the web address...

You could try amazon.jp or .fr or .de or .it or .es and others if that floats your boat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    Never used amazon before and I'm a bit lost..Could someone please tell me how to get in euros and in English language?

amazon.de is german. if you want to translate the page download goolge chrome and it will automatically translate into english for you. there is also amazon.co.uk but the prices are in sterling and the range isnt as good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Does this usually get better as the week goes on? Like will the actual black Friday have the best deals? I remember picking up the full Game of Thrones Book collection last year for a steal but don't know what day that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Disgusted at the Amazon app at the minute. I was on the bus when the 480GB M500 SSD went on offer on the .DE site - fingers at the ready. 18:30, refresh, open item page, add (at discounted price). It gets added to my cart at full price. I head back to the offers page, it's sold out and the waiting list is full - what?

Surely if I wasn't fast enough (and we're talking about 5 seconds here) I would have been stuck on the wishlist, or if that was full it would have just given me an error? The kicker is because it's sold out and the wishlist is full you can't add it to your cart anymore ..but there it sits in my cart at full price. Fúck it anyway

Disgusted at the Amazon app at the minute. I was on the bus when the 480GB M500 SSD went on offer on the .DE site - fingers at the ready. 18:30, refresh, open item page, add (at discounted price). It gets added to my cart at full price. I head back to the offers page, it's sold out and the waiting list is full - what?

Surely if I wasn't fast enough (and we're talking about 5 seconds here) I would have been stuck on the wishlist, or if that was full it would have just given me an error? The kicker is because it's sold out and the wishlist is full you can't add it to your cart anymore ..but there it sits in my cart at full price. Fúck it anyway

I'm on the waiting list for that now, placed number 199.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ye the app is a bit sh1t. Only 40 euro discount on the ssd yet it sells like hot cakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

Snapped up the Fitbit Flex for a very decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Aodhagan wrote: »

Heh, that you're on it just solidifies my point. The app is balls, don't use it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Heh, that you're on it just solidifies my point. The app is balls, don't use it ;)

Yea android app sucks, wouldn't leave me buy anything yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Picked up the Sansa Clip MP3 player earlier. Been thinking about getting a back to basics MP3 player for a while so happy out with that. Got free one-day shipping to the NI Parcel Motel address with Amazon Prime trial.

Then got the 320GB WD Elements. USB 2.0 is fine for what I'll be using it for and I've badly needed one in fairness - currently have the choice between various memory sticks or an old external that needs separate power.

Could easily spend a lot of money you have no need to though!

• Advertisement

They only took £7.67 off the Samsung Micro SD Card, I'll pass, thats a pretty poor offer to say the least, they can keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭stocktrader

Recoil12 wrote: »
    Snapped up the Fitbit Flex for a very decent price.

got this aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

shocksy wrote: »
    They only took £7.67 off the Samsung Micro SD Card, I'll pass, thats a pretty poor offer to say the least, they can keep it.

not even, 6 pound it's down

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Anyone hazard a guess how much they will take off the Xbox 360 (Halo pack) that's coming up? Its £165 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Transcend microSDHC Class 10 64GB Premium Memory Card with SD Adapter (UHS-I, 45Mbps Reading Speed) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]
    EUR 39,90 on the .de version

but 4.55 for the shipping..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Where do you see your waitlist position?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

ripcord wrote: »
    Anyone hazard a guess how much they will take off the Xbox 360 (Halo pack) that's coming up? Its £165 at the moment.

Where can you see that coming up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Anyone go for the Samsung 64gb micro sd card then? £34.99 isn't too bad for this card all things considering. Previously lowest price according to camel camel is £40. Also reviews are very good especially for the speed it offers.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Transcend microSDHC Class 10 64GB Premium Memory Card with SD Adapter (UHS-I, 45Mbps Reading Speed) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging]
    EUR 39,90 on the .de version

but 4.55 for the shipping..

Thanks for that, but buying it at £34.99 would probably be cheaper than buying that one on .de and Samsung would be a better brand. Ah well i'll leave it for the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 eggnog98

Is the asus google nexus 7 a good deal at 169?

eggnog98 wrote: »
    Is the asus google nexus 7 a good deal at 169?

I'd get the 2013 version. Much better screen double the RAM. Much more "future proof".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 eggnog98

What's the cheapest you've seen the new one at?

Skyrim for PS3 & Xbox tomorrow night. Currently £20. Might have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Where can you see that coming up?

There are three lists. The top one has Black Friday stuff. The middle one has editors picks. The bottom one has more stuff. In the bottom list it has the xbox with a button underneath it saying 1+weeks. I assume there will be a deal for it in over a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Does anyone know what the story with notifications if you are on the waitlist?

I've been using both a browser on the laptop and the android app when out and about. On a couple of occasions I got a message on joining a waitlist to say I had a good chance but have no idea if I subsequently missed the offer by not keeping the app / browser open in front of me.

£172.50 cheapest price on Amazon 16GB

donnacha wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story with notifications if you are on the waitlist?

I've been using both a browser on the laptop and the android app when out and about. On a couple of occasions I got a message on joining a waitlist to say I had a good chance but have no idea if I subsequently missed the offer by not keeping the app / browser open in front of me.

You have to keep the page open in front of you or you will miss it.

It will notify you that the item has become available, i think it gives you two minutes to accept it or it will be offered to someone else.

would someone buy that make-up set for me tomorrow at 9:15am I have an exam but I know my mam would love it for xmas :(

I promise id pay you by paypal & p&P also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just a heads up, it's also Cyber Monday Week in Germany.
    Some great bargains. It's unlikely I'll get a chance to buy much this week :( Unless something changes in work.

For example.

PS3 Slim 12GB with extra 500GB Samsung Spinpoint M8 included - €187.90 Delivered to Ireland.

No point in posting all the deals, but you can find them on CYBER MONDAY WEEK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Are the deals always this poor?

Pretty disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

Currys have them for €249 and then you can claim €30 cashback bringing it down to €219

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Berberis wrote: »
    Currys have them for €249 and then you can claim €30 cashback bringing it down to €219

How do you claim the cash back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Samsung 64gb micro SD.. only 18% off. I was really hoping for something better than that. Was poised to purchase at 40% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Berberis

padair wrote: »
    How do you claim the cash back?

Online after the 21st day from purchase date and payment gets paid into your bank account. I remember doing something similar when buying a samsung laptop. Though I think this cashback is from currys it self

Allyall wrote: »
    Just a heads up, it's also Cyber Monday Week in Germany.
    Some great bargains. It's unlikely I'll get a chance to buy much this week :( Unless something changes in work.

For example.

PS3 Slim 12GB with extra 500GB Samsung Spinpoint M8 included - €187.90 Delivered to Ireland.

No point in posting all the deals, but you can find them on CYBER MONDAY WEEK

Gone tell me the craic about this...guessing you need to get someone to put the hard drive in it for you? I know nothing about the ps3 coz i've used xbox 360 since ps2 but fancy the change back and built in wi-fi for streaming etc sounds good to me...

Are the deals always this poor?

Pretty disappointed.

its just the crap amazon couldn't sell :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Skyrim for PS3 & Xbox tomorrow night. Currently £20. Might have that.

It's also on sale along with its dlc as part of the Black Friday sale on xbox live, look at majornelson.com for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

mcg1987 wrote: »
    Gone tell me the craic about this...guessing you need to get someone to put the hard drive in it for you? I know nothing about the ps3 coz i've used xbox 360 since ps2 but fancy the change back and built in wi-fi for streaming etc sounds good to me...

no you'll be able to put the hard drive in yourself

open the PS3 at the side
    screw the HHD to the bracket
    put it in

or i'll do for €50 if you want :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was the same at my desk waiting on it, by the time the list refreshed with it it was sold out. Not to concerned as the discount wasn't all that great on it.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

batistuta9 wrote: »
    no you'll be able to put the hard drive in yourself

open the PS3 at the side
    screw the HHD to the bracket
    put it in

or i'll do for €50 if you want :pac:

Haha I might give it a go myself first cheers! definitely must be worth buying at that price yeah?

• Advertisement

noooooooooooooooo

a Liverpool umbrella is on aswell tomorrow I want it but I have a stupid exam

why god why ?

Advertisement