Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BICHON FRISE FOUND - NORTHSIDE!!

Options
  • 23-11-2013 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Hey all:

Hoping someone can help. We've found a Bichon Frise dog today in the Northside of Cork City.

Dog was found in our estate. He's very young and nervous. Think he's been missing for about a week as he's very thin. He's recently been clipped, so clearly someone's much loved pet. Very affectionate dog. He's been given some milk and bread, and a little soup by a neighbour which the poor thing devoured, he was so hungry.

PM me if you have info!

****Also posted in the Animals and Pet Issues Forum****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Have you posted it n the Munster Lost and Found website? A lot of people report their lost pets there. I remember a woman in Mayfield lost her Bichon Frise some time ago and posted it there. Also maybe try a vet to scan him/her for a microchip.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Call the local dog warden as they might know who has lost him. There's a few groups on Facebook but I can't think of the names. I'm sure they'll know in the A&P forum though. You could also ring around a few local vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DAWG action welfare also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thanks all! I've been in touch with Munster Lost and Found via FB. Got a couple of leads as to who the dog might belong to. I'm taking him out tomorrow to be scanned for a microchip.

I'll keep you posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdre Courtney

We lost a male Bichon in Dublin 2 days ago and he may have been taken down the country.He is micro chipped and is 11 months old and was recently clipped.Our numbers are 087 2050819 and 087 2450675.We have ads looking for him on lors lost pets on Facebook and on lost pets.ie and on all pounds and Ispca etc.Please contact us if you think it could be him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We lost a male Bichon in Dublin 2 days ago and he may have been taken down the country.He is micro chipped and is 11 months old and was recently clipped.Our numbers are and .We have ads looking for him on lors lost pets on Facebook and on lost pets.ie and on all pounds and Ispca etc.Please contact us if you think it could be him.

Not advisable to post personal details on a public forum. Private Message the op

So - after having a comfortable night at the neighbour's we took him to Blackpool today to be scanned by the HART volunteers. The dog has no chip, and no ID on his collar either. Poor thing has a serious case of the runs, so HART arranged for us to take him to the Sunbeam.

Vet took a look at him. Considering he's been out for at least a week in the freezing weather, he's in pretty good nick. The heart, liver and kidneys are all fine, and he has no temperature. But the poor thing will need all his teeth extracted as they are rotten and black with the tartar. I've never seen anything like it! Once they're out, he'll be a lot more comfortable.

I did notice the dog's recently been groomed (Last 2-3 weeks, I reckon). So I might ring round a few groomers in the morning, to see if they might know.

Such a shame. The dog is very alert and very affectionate. We felt so sad leaving him at the vet's, but he's in the best possible place. He'd make a super pet for someone, and I hope either he finds his owners or goes to a good home very soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Sunbeam Vets are the best, they do care.
    Dogged dentures are for dogs not cared for properly by owners. Unfortunately a bit like kids .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Deirdre Courtney

Thank you for doing that, he belongs to somebody who is missing him very much.Our little dog turned up in Limerick, he was dog napped and we were asked to pay money which we didn't do.So grateful to all who helped us to get him back

Thank you for doing that, he belongs to somebody who is missing him very much.Our little dog turned up in Limerick, he was dog napped and we were asked to pay money which we didn't do.So grateful to all who helped us to get him back

I'm so glad your little chap turned up safe & sound. How did you find him?

• Advertisement

Called the vet today to check on the little guy's progress. His owners have come forward, and have paid the vet bill. So he's gone home with them and will be returning to the Sunbeam for further treatment (And a microchip! :D)

Thank you once again for all your help.

Advertisement