Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevin St rant

Options
  • 23-11-2013 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

What is with people basically lying across the f*cking corridors this year? If you're waiting for a class/lab, by all means sit down but tuck your god damn legs in. Anybody else peeved by this behaviour? If you are one of these people obstructing the corridor - please stop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Mmm, not really... How about the amazingly short library hours?... 9 in the morning (so late) to 9 in the evening (so early)... with joke-like saturday times and not even bothering to open on sunday?

What the hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Also, the fact that they removed a decent chunk of the seating in the snackery to put it SU offices. I used to enjoy sitting up there having my lunch but now the place is nearly always jam packed (much more so than it ever was before)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

It's a jungle out there. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

It's a jungle out there. :rolleyes:

You're no fun :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Kevin St's library opening hours expanded recently, which is a miracle given the present library staffing problems.

The problem with library hours in DIT is that staff have to keep 6 libraries open with fewer people than DCU or NUIM libraries, where there is only one library in each case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Joseph291987

F9Devil wrote: »
    Mmm, not really... How about the amazingly short library hours?... 9 in the morning (so late) to 9 in the evening (so early)... with joke-like saturday times and not even bothering to open on sunday?

What the hell?

Be thankful Cathal brugha closes at 5 on Thursday and Friday and dosent open at weekends at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kenobee

The number of students has increased so the present building is very crowded. All will change when the move to Grangegorman takes place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

To be fair, I think the library staff do a good job given the resources they are left to work with.

Would you honestly stay in the library later than 9pm? Personally I think that is very late, but I do understand that many students have nowhere else to do some proper study.
    kenobee wrote: »
    The number of students has increased so the present building is very crowded. All will change when the move to Grangegorman takes place.

That move has been planned for almost 10 years now(if not longer?), when I originally started in DIT (over 6 years ago - I swapped courses)they hoped that we would be finishing our degrees there. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

dorkacle wrote: »
    Would you honestly stay in the library later than 9pm?

Absolutely, especially near exams or assignment due-dates. My secondary schools study closed at 10.30 near exams so you could say i'm pretty appalled at these closing times in a third-level institution. Obviously they're so restricted because of low funding but that doesn't stop me moaning about it :rolleyes:

Advertisement