Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Cost Insulation Tester (Megger)

Options
  • 23-11-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone bought a low cost/cheap insulation tester (megger).

I wouldn't use one very often (probably a few times a year), if i did I'd buy a fluke or the like, but would be good the odd time when i come across unusual problems.

I've been around this loop with multi meters, the cheap ones usually aren't great but can be ok some times. I normally use a fluke, but still have my first meter that i bought in peats in 1994 for £35, that's actually quite good.

Thanks,
    DD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

i bought cheap off cpc

around 70-80 euro i think

any old megger does troubleshooting unless you're filling out test sheets

and even then it's just red tape really ...most circuits are an obvious pass or fail anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

the cheap one off cpc is an eagle brand

had it years and it's a great IR tester

i have an AVO which is calibrated ...afaik they only calibrate leading brands?

could be wrong on that though

i'd way prefer the cheap megger to the AVO

Advertisement