Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security Management.

Options
  • 23-11-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Just looking for some information on a small security management firm start up,

Certifications and Licenses, {Basic Guarding and Door Security will be only services provided}
    Laws,
    Liability insurance,
    Also a separate branch for Private Investigation what laws exist in Ireland for Private Investigation,

I done research and have started communication with the PSA, But would like information off someone that has a bit more of an insight in this field, before i empty the bank account. I have numerous licences and certs by the PSA and SIA, But is their a separate licences to be a partner in such a business.

The reason i ask here is i heard the PSA are undergoing a change in the way it regulates the Private Security Sector, Just want to gain as much info as possible.

Also due to priory contacts once established we have arranged a short contract on a medium retail firm here in Ireland, with the possibility of a long term contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You need to actually state what information you are looking for, as posted it is not possible to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

You need to actually state what information you are looking for, as posted it is not possible to respond.

Sorry just updated it a bit.

Thanks for your time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

TYPES OF LICENCE

Two types of licence are issued by the Authority:
    Contractor Licences are required by companies, partnerships and sole traders providing security services in the Republic of Ireland.
    Individual Licences (Employee Licences) are required by all those working in the security sector within the state whether employed by a licensed contractor or directly by a business as in house security personnel.
    Source http://www.psa.gov.ie/Website/psa/psa.nsf/agentvw?Openform&vw=psaLicensing

Also on the same linked page:

Applications for a contractor licence require the following:
    · Completed Application Form
    · Prescribed Licence Fee (see COST OF A CONTRACTOR LICENCE below)
    · Current Tax Clearance Certificate
    · Certificate of Incorporation (for companies)
    · Certificate of Business Name (where the trade/business name is different to the name of the beneficial owner of the business)
    · Garda Vetting Form for each of the principals (directors of companies, partners in partnerships, sole trader, shareholder with a holdi ng of 20% or gre ater)
    · Foreign Criminal Record Certificate for any director, partner or sole trader who has spent 6 months or more in a foreign jurisdiction
    · Evidence of attainment of the required standard (see STANDARDS REQUIRED FOR CONRACTORS LICENCE below)

Advertisement