Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014: A Pace Odyssey

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Thanks mate, nice words, no I'm definitely not going to too bogged down in this one.

Back on the horse tomorrow and concentrate on getting right for Wexford half, the end of April. Probably give the running a miss for a couple of days but can still watch diet and make sure I'm back in the zone .

Having a few cans tonight and probably a takeaway and then work harder, more effectively from next week.

I did Wexford last year and it's most definitely a much easier route than what you did today! You'll make up for today ten-fold for that one;) Best of luck with the training and enjoy the well deserved cans and takeaway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's a decent time B for someone who isn't back running long. The 10K times you've done suggest you can do a half faster than that. How much long runs are you doing? Lacking endurance a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

It's a decent time B for someone who isn't back running long. The 10K times you've done suggest you can do a half faster than that. How much long runs are you doing? Lacking endurance a bit?

Definitely RQ, always have, it's something I'm gonna work on over the coming weeks. It's a combination of things aswell though. Beepbeep is right I should have run the course before hand and get an idea for what it's like. I'll definitely do that for wexford.

Bit of a sore grazed knee but back at it again today anyway, 8-9k at lunch time.

Felt great :)

No pool for the week I'd say until these cuts heal a bit

Ran 10k yesterday and 8 today. Bad oul week food wise, was really tired after half Mara last weekend.

Hopefully recover well this week

• Advertisement

Wow, nearly a month since logging in. Have a bit of a strain above left ankle. I've had to cut back on mileage, but I've been tipping away.

I've definitely done 2 reasonably long runs since Wicklow, and I think I did a third aswell.

Anyway, wexford half tomorrow, not sure how I'm running tbh. Think I'll run the first few miles at 8.5 mins and see where I go from there.

1:48 for wexford. Still disappointed in my distinct lack of endurance. Must do better, really struggled at the end.

Had a bit of a dose all week so zero training until Friday.

Been fairly inconsistent lately because nursing a sore ankle for a while.

The plan over the next 8 weeks to get back to consistent training again. 4 runs per week and 3 swims at least. 2 hour lsr each weekend aswell

Senior County Race tonight, I was third last I think. Still 45:33 so happy enough. My previous best at this distance was 45:08 but I think that distance was a bit short.

That's my second 10k in 6 days, 48:58 on a hilly Kilrush course last Sunday.

Ran the Clontarf half marathon yesterday. I love the half distance but have been struggling with it. This year I have ran:

Wicklow 1:51:xx
    Wexford 1:48:58
    Enniscorthy 1:48:24
    Clontarf 1:48:02

Steady improvement but nothing mind blowing. Still yesterday was a real confidence booster because I actually had a bit of endurance and a bit left in the tank over the final few k.

Also took a minute to go to the loo during the race and walked through every water station.

There's a sub 1:45 in there, I know it, shed a few more pounds, get the hydration right and a cooler day and I'll be close.

Need to look at the calendar now and pick a goal race, but I'm thinking Dublin Half in the park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement