Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoff Picture and Key Fixtures - AFC and NFC

Options
  • 23-11-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Now we're coming close to the end of the regular season, it's time to look at how the playoff picture is looking. There's also some superb games with huge playoff implications to come over the next few weeks.

AFC:

Division leaders:

Jets (11-1)
    Chiefs (11-1)
    Bengals (10-2)
    Texans (9-3)

Wildcards:

Broncos (8-4)
    Colts (8-4)

In the hunt:

Patriots (7-5)
    Browns (5-7)
    Titans (5-7)

Jets, Chiefs and Bengals have divisions sown up (barring a meltdown of Xbox breaking like proportions in the Jets and Chiefs case). There's a good scrap for the AFC South title and the Patriots will hoping for slip ups from the Broncos or Colts/Texans to take a wildcard spot. Browns and Titans have a very, very slim chance if they win out.

Key fixtures:

Week 14 - Colts @ Bengals, Browns @ Patriots, Titans @ Broncos
    Week 15 - Texans @ Colts
    Week 16 - Colts @ Chiefs, Broncos @ Texans, Browns @ Jets
    Week 17 - Texans @ Titans

NFC:

Division leaders:

Cowboys (11-1)
    Seahawks (10-3)
    Buccaneers (10-3)
    Vikings (10-3)

Wildcards:

Packers (8-4)
    Redskins (8-4)

In the hunt:

Bears (8-4)
    Eagles (7-6)
    Saints (7-6)
    49ers (7-6)

The NFC is much less sure. Cowboys, Seahawks and Buccaneers all but have their divisions bagged, but the NFC North is the closest division in the game with three teams right in with a chance and it will go down to the wire. As it stands, the Packers and Bears have the same divisional record, but what separates them is the fact that the Packers beat the Bears 49-42 in week 9 cracker. Knex's Eagles, Carroller's 49ers and my Saints will be hoping to pounce if any of those above them slip up.

Key fixtures:

Week 14 - Chiefs @ Redskins, Cowboys @ Bears, Seahawks @ 49ers,
    Week 15 - Eagles @ Vikings, Packers @ Cowboys, 49ers @ Buccaneers
    Week 16 - Cowboys @ Redskins, Bears @ Eagles, Colts @ Chiefs, Vikings @ Bengals
    Week 17 - Packers @ Bears, Eagles @ Cowboys, Buccaneers @ Saints

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm targeting 2 wins, I reckon that'll see me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Next 3 games against teams who combined are 30-5.

Looking forward to them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Cowboys finish must be one of the toughest. Not too confident of progressing yet, have some tough match-ups to come one last big push needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think it's safe to say that Mikey has the playoff hopes of a lot of teams in his hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Just lost to the 9ers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Hopefully boosts my chances of a wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Carroller wrote: »
    Hopefully boosts my chances of a wildcard

Certainly does mate. OP updated to reflect that result.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sterling work paully, I would have a better chance of winning the lotto than seeing the playoffs this year!

I'm surprised I'm even at this stage and could be better off if I hadn't lost to the CPU twice! Started off the season 0-6 or 1-6 cants fully remember

I'm surprised I'm even at this stage and could be better off if I hadn't lost to the CPU twice! Started off the season 0-6 or 1-6 cants fully remember

Yeah, fantastic turnaround by you, a top top win tonight aswell, well done, you must be at the top of your game to get one over the Seahawks!

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Yeah, fantastic turnaround by you, a top top win tonight aswell, well done, you must be at the top of your game to get one over the Seahawks!

Gore was practically unstoppable and it came down to turnovers, I couldn't force a stop so the 2 score lead killed me! Such a different game to when we played earlier in the season, we'll done caroller on finding the sweet plays in the sang ran play book

Also I have giants, the lovely cardinals and the rams in my last 3 games, 2 CPUs..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As I'm the only team in the playoffs currently if it's cool with everyone I'll award myself the superbowl and roll to season 2. Best of luck in the draft everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Beat the CPU Lions in the final gameweek and win one of the other two should be enough for the Vikings to get into the playoffs.

You are blathering Nelbert, your Vikings are following AP straight through as Division winners, who you trying to kid? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

You are blathering Nelbert, your Vikings are following AP straight through as Division winners, who you trying to kid? :p

Don't think its certain yet. Two tough games before I get the CPU Lions. Need to win one of them to be certain.

It will be all on the back of AP and the Pondernator!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    I think it's safe to say that Mikey has the playoff hopes of a lot of teams in his hands!

In the interest of fairness I will attempt to batter everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Three games left need one win which I should get against the CPU rams. Two hard games against teams vying for playoff spots. 49ers and the saints who beat me previously.

I'll be looking for that 2nd seed spot. So hopefully the Seahawks will somehow lose to one of their 3 remaining CPU games. I think I have the tiebreaker from an earlier win. So winning all 3 games will be key for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Nice post, Paully.

Can't help but wonder as to where I might be placed if I didn't take over when 0-3.

Had to sim one game against the Giants too, which I would have loved to have played.

Realistically, I'd have to win my last three games and hope for some major slip ups, so to make a WC berth would take a miracle.

Really enjoyed the league since I joined, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness I will attempt to batter everyone.

Definitely right with this post. Hopefully you get beaten tonight and then you turn it around and beat the rest. That would be great. :D

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    Definitely right with this post. Hopefully you get beaten tonight and then you turn it around and beat the rest. That would be great. :D
    Or not.

Falcons cpu??

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Great post.

2 CPU games and 2 human games against the Browns and Ravens.

Just hope that loss against the CPU Bills in my 1st game doesn't come back to haunt me in the end!!
    Probably have to rely on the results of others to get through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I now wish i'd taken a team with more CPU games, 3 human games left, Bengals, Texans and Chiefs :-( then the CPU Jags.

Looks like the NFC Wildcard spots will come down to the last day. Myself (10-5) I need to beat the Packers to secure my spot as the Packers have the head-to-head over me with a 6 point win earlier in the season. While a win for the 49ers (9-6) will secure their spot with a win against the Cardinals who have only won one game all season. The 49ers have a better conference record than any of the 4 teams in the running. The Redskins are currently 9-6 and while a win could take them level with the rest of the teams, both the 49ers and the Packers have beaten them this season. The Bears have lost to them but the Bears are if they lose anyway.

So straight up battle for the wildcard spot in week 17 between the Packers and the Bears while the 49ers should go through with an easy CPU win.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cards are CPU, one of the PFL guys is babysitting them so they didnt hoover up all the FA talent!

Iv been terrible with CPU games so far and the cardinals only win has been against me I'm pretty sure.. :o but I'm improving so hopefully will be enough to get a win

Iv been terrible with CPU games so far and the cardinals only win has been against me I'm pretty sure.. :o but I'm improving so hopefully will be enough to get a win

I am praying you lose :D. I don't fancy going up against Eddie Lacy.

What would happen if myself and the Packers finished with a tie game and we both had the same number of wins as the 49ers but had a tie aswell.

Could be interesting :).

Raoul wrote: »
    What would happen if myself and the Packers finished with a tie game and we both had the same number of wins as the 49ers but had a tie aswell.

Could be interesting :).

Eddie Lacy says no!

• Advertisement

Eddie Lacy says no!

Here, listen, you would be getting into the playoffs too. ;)

Advertisement