Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

we 1911

• 23-11-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

I have a we 1911 that the slide will lock halfway back after say 3 shots, ive silicone oiled all the seals and the piston head, but still no joy, it seems to be intermittent, sometimes the nozzle will jam inside the barrel assembly also, any one have a solution or have faced a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I had this with a hi cappa before matty don't know if she'll be the same.
    Is it catching on the firing pin if you look under the slide when it jams?
    There was a little blanking plate that had moved out of position and was allowing the slide back but it was catching on the firing pin on the way back.
    If this works that's great man :)

Took me some lenght to figure it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭matty1994

YbFocus wrote: »
    I had this with a hi cappa before matty don't know if she'll be the same.
    Is it catching on the firing pin if you look under the slide when it jams?
    There was a little blanking plate that had moved out of position and was allowing the slide back but it was catching on the firing pin on the way back.
    If this works that's great man :)

Took me some lenght to figure it out :)

I will have to wait until it happens again, but i shall look and see when if it does, what do i do to fix the problem, just reposition the blanking plate?:) cheers

matty1994 wrote: »
    I will have to wait until it happens again, but i shall look and see when if it does, what do i do to fix the problem, just reposition the blanking plate?:) cheers

That's all I done and it hasn't moved since. I'm not suprised in fairness as it gets hit by the hammer every time!
    Hope that fixes it for you.

I said firing pin in the last post but mean't hammer :)

That's all I done and it hasn't moved since. I'm not suprised in fairness as it gets hit by the hammer every time!
    Hope that fixes it for you.

I said firing pin in the last post but mean't hammer :)

Ah it does get stuck on the hammer yeah, but i thought that was just the gun itself:)

matty1994 wrote: »
    Ah it does get stuck on the hammer yeah, but i thought that was just the gun itself:)

That may just fix it so man! Hope it does!

• Advertisement

That may just fix it so man! Hope it does!

Ive had a look and im honestly not sure how to dissasemble the gun lol, ive had a hi cappa before and that was easy but this is a tad different

You may get YouTube going man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

3 things:
    Your 1911 could be suffering from hammer bite, meant to happen but an increased recoil spring may fix it.
    Your loading nozzle "loading" pin could be catching on the inside of the rubber/unit due to the hop unit being too loose-tighten or the loading nozzle pin being too big-file it down. Otherwise buy a better loading nozzle spring
    Finally the last thing I can think of is either the frame and slide having poor mouldings being too tight or your overall gun needs a service/tightening

Did you but New or second hand? And if you're ever in Dublin I can have a look for you :-)

I Armour I wrote: »
    3 things:
    Your 1911 could be suffering from hammer bite, meant to happen but an increased recoil spring may fix it.
    Your loading nozzle "loading" pin could be catching on the inside of the rubber/unit due to the hop unit being too loose-tighten or the loading nozzle pin being too big-file it down. Otherwise buy a better loading nozzle spring
    Finally the last thing I can think of is either the frame and slide having poor mouldings being too tight or your overall gun needs a service/tightening

Did you but New or second hand? And if you're ever in Dublin I can have a look for you :-)

It does catch on the hammer sometimes, the hammer seems to sit a mm or so too high and catches it slightly, the loading nozzle does get stuck on the mag lips too, and ive tried tightening it up but the gun is very loose overall fitting wise, im no new to fixing guns as im trying to become a tech, but ill have another go at fixing it, if i dont i may get a new slide or slide and frame, maybe a tm one for it, that would be a last resort though, but thanks for the help, i will try an upgraded recoil spring and ill file the loading nozzle too :)

Advertisement