Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spotfire

I'd assume that if you are applying for a different scheme that you will be notified accordingly by the IRC.

The email sent out does specifically say " Irish Research Council Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme"

• Registered Users Posts: 46 funkee

There should be music cued when we hear of the first email sent out...

Any suggestions?

Theme from the Omen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

funkee wrote: »
    There should be music cued when we hear of the first email sent out...

Any suggestions?

Theme from the Omen?

Jaws?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jtkc

No idea to be honest. Here is the email:

We would like to notify you that from tomorrow (Thursday 28th May) you will be unable to view your submitted application to the Irish Research Council Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme on the online system. This is to enable the status update of all applications following the recent assessment process. This update will be completed within a maximum of five working days, at which time you will be notified by email and will be able to view the outcome of your application. We appreciate your patience during this period.

The status of applications will be updated to one of the following:

• Conditional Award: The application has been recommended for funding. The award offer is conditional on fulfilment of the scheme terms and conditions including receipt by the Council of all required supporting materials and documentation (e.g. transcripts of academic record) from the applicant. The award is wholly subject to receipt of funding by the Council from the Department of Education and Skills/Strategic Funding Partners (where relevant). A formal letter of offer to the applicant outlining all the necessary steps for accepting of the award will follow in due course.

• Reserve: While unfortunately we cannot offer the applicant a conditional award at this time, the Assessment Panel indicated that the application was of a high standard, and accordingly, has been placed on a reserve list. Should candidates who have been offered an award decline the offer, we will then (and only then) offer awards to candidates on the reserve list.

• Application unsuccessful: The application has not been recommended for funding on this occasion. The Council acknowledge that this outcome will be a disappointment given the substantial work involved in the preparation of the proposal, and will supply further information on application scoring in due course.

Irish Research Council

Did you apply for the GoI PG scheme? I applied for EPS PG and have not received any sort of email.

Actually the postgraduate deadline was like three weeks before the postdoc one...

So it could be three more weeks wait for us!

• Advertisement

That would make sense.

But I wonder - will they email us our result or simply tell us that our result is now online to be viewed??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Spotfire wrote: »
    That would make sense.

But I wonder - will they email us our result or simply tell us that our result is now online to be viewed??
    I think you will need to logon to see the status, they don't tell you in an email

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikehayes83

Anyone else suddenly freaked out that months of waiting will be all over next week!!

Anyone else suddenly freaked out that months of waiting will be all over next week!!

I was calm reading everyone else on here and the panic. As soon as I got the email I got bothered. Ah! I think I may take a break from this forum until the results are out. No point in freaking myself out some more.Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 heidi7

jtkc wrote: »
    Did you apply for the GoI PG scheme? I applied for EPS PG and have not received any sort of email.

I applied for EPS scheme too...have heard nada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 santano

Sklarker wrote: »
    I think you will need to logon to see the status, they don't tell you in an email

This is what I see "This update will be completed within a maximum of five working days, at which time you will be notified by email and will be able to view the outcome of your application. "

Well at least if they stagger the results release it might make the IRC server more accessible...

I can imagine how frustrating it would be if all applicants from all schemes tried to log in all at once only to find the website non-responsive from trying to handle so many users!

Although seeing as all GOI scheme applicants who didn't get through have already been told they were unsuccessful there should be less people accessing the system this year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

santano wrote: »
    This is what I see "This update will be completed within a maximum of five working days, at which time you will be notified by email and will be able to view the outcome of your application. "
    I think they mean you will be notified by email that the system is back up and you are free to logon and see your status. Then again I predicted earlier today the results will be available on June 20th so don't mind me :P

Sklarker wrote: »
    I think they mean you will be notified by email that the system is back up and you are free to logon and see your status. Then again I predicted earlier today the results will be available on June 20th so don't mind me :P

I think you're right Sklarker.

Only thing left to do now is to speculate on what will happen until we get the email next week!

They said within a maximum of 5 working days, so I think it will be Wednesday 4th when they come out

The system is now down............ now we wait..........

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jtkc

Spotfire wrote: »
    The system is now down............ now we wait..........

System seems to be back up. EPS PG results are out.

Damn I got Reserve. Back to stripping for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

Got it, delighted. Condolences to all those who lost out, I was there myself last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Placed on the reserve list, so I'll take that as a loss. Congrats to those who got the awards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 santano

I too on the reserve list....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikehayes83

Unsuccessful gutted!! Well done to all those who got it

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I'm able to log into my GOI application and see the outcome at the moment too.
    I got the auld conditional award job but I'm afraid to get my hopes up in case it's a mistake - seeing as they aren't supposed to be out 'til next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

aidoh wrote: »
    I'm able to log into my GOI application and see the outcome at the moment too.
    I got the auld conditional award job but I'm afraid to get my hopes up in case it's a mistake - seeing as they aren't supposed to be out 'til next week!
    Wednesday's email said that applicants would be notified within five working days at the latest, which didn't rule out results being released this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Manco wrote: »
    Got it, delighted. Condolences to all those who lost out, I was there myself last year.
    Congrats Manco, well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

Got it. Still can't quite believe it. Congratulations to all those who did and condolences to all who missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fifty grand

Just to be clear, it's the PG results that are out, right? I'm a PD applicant and haven't received any email or anything. I refuse to log in until I am sure it is the definite, final result!

Also, were some people eliminated from the PD competition already (a few months back maybe), as happened in the PG competition?

Thanks in advance, and congrats/condolences to all who've already heard.

Yes Fifty. I'm PD too.

And I'm not sure, but I havn't heard of people being eliminated 'beforehand' in the PD comp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I wouldn't lose heart folks, there's other sources of funding out there.
    I was unsuccessful in the IRC for PG funding but received alternate doctoral funding from NUIG (Hardiman scholarship) which is of equal value to the IRC.

It can be very hit and miss. I know 2 people who were rejected for the Hardiman but got IRC funding and someone who got the Hardiman but failed to get IRC funding.

Onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement

[The crowd murmur in approval].

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement