Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2014/2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 afraidofplanes

Is anyone else submitting proof that their research has gotten ethical approval?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Oh yeah I forgot about that.
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply in my case anyway so I'm not going to worry about it unless the IRC get back to me looking specifically for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

Still waiting on my transcripts from UCC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LordJimbob

Any new "reserve to conditional" offers sent out for postgrad since last Monday (30th June) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikehayes83

Hi I am just wondering has any of the unsucessful candidates received their feedback on scoring etc. I haven't and was expecting to receive it before now as I want to see where I fell down so I may improve future applications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spotfire

I don't think the IRC will send out feedback/scoring until after the 16th July - when all offers have been finalised.

Even at that, the IRC are traditionally quite slow to post them out, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start arriving in peoples mailboxes until the end of August

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spotfire

Has anybody else gone from Reserve to Conditional for the PostGrad scholarship??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

I got the scoring back today for postgrad. I was successful so not sure if they're sending it out to everyone, or just sending it to those that got it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikehayes83

I got my scoring too today and I was unsucessful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

manco/mikehayes83 - are they posting out the breakdown or did you get an email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 Eimear811

Sklarker wrote: »
    manco/mikehayes83 - are they posting out the breakdown or did you get an email?

Mine came in the post this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Eimear811 wrote: »
    Mine came in the post this morning.

Cheers Eimear

I am in reserve (and still in reserve seemingly) and got the scoring this morning. Seems like everyone got it today abouts. Gave me a mini heart attack though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

I got the letter for the postgrad scheme today too. I'm on the reserve list and ended up with 85.5 marks. In the STEM stream, 88 marks were needed for a conditional offer.

How did everyone else do? I'd be especially interested to see the marks that people who were bumped from the reserve to conditional lists achieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CD11

Did anyone else not receive their feedback in the post today? I am on the reserve list. Anyone know what marks were needed in order to be offered a GOI postgrad award?

I believe it was 88% for receiving an initial offer, and reserve ones are dependant on how many people refuse them, far as I understand.

I would be curious of what marks the people who were in reserve but received an offer later had, if anyone reading this is in this category?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 catfips

Been waiting on my supervisor to return to sign my form before I send in my acceptance and transcripts. I was bumped up from reserve to conditional Post grad offer on 30th June. Haven't had any feedback on my scoring though.

Been waiting on my supervisor to return to sign my form before I send in my acceptance and transcripts. I was bumped up from reserve to conditional Post grad offer on 30th June. Haven't had any feedback on my scoring though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

I got my scoring today and missed out by 1%. I would rather miss it by 20% than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

I got my scoring today and missed out by 1%. I would rather miss it by 20% than that.

I missed out last year by .7% and it stung pretty badly so I'm with you on this. If this was your first year, I would really recommend applying again next year (if you haven't secured funding before then) - I got it this year and my application made a huge jump in the scoring as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 santano

My score is (AHSS) 83.5 and I am on the reserve list.

Seems that you needed to get 86.5% in order to get a conditional offer this year in the AHSS scheme. Would be very interested to hear from people who went from reserve to conditional offer (CONGRATS!), how they scored. I was 2% off which seems so close but in the scheme of the IRC awards it seems like it can come down to a percentage of a percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

LordJimbob wrote: »
    I believe it was 88% for receiving an initial offer, and reserve ones are dependant on how many people refuse them, far as I understand.

Letter I got says cut-off for consideration was 86.5 (for AHSS)
    I got..... 86.5 :eek:

I assume you are still on the reserve list or did you receive information saying otherwise?

Just received an email a few minutes ago saying I have it! Shocked and delighted!

Just received an email a few minutes ago saying I have it! Shocked and delighted!

Congratulations!

Thanks although reading your previous post I now feel it could be a mistake.

Probably just means someone else declined their offer. Don't think it's a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

I felt like that for about a week after I got my offer.
    Imposter syndrome at its best! (well, for me at least)

Congrats :)

• Advertisement

candle_wax wrote: »
    I felt like that for about a week after I got my offer.
    Imposter syndrome at its best! (well, for me at least)

Congrats :)

They don't give away the awards willy nilly, you'll have deserved it. Just found out today that I missed out on a straight away conditional by .5%, so feel no guilt at all about getting my conditional now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement