Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 ringthebells

Have any other reward holders for the postgrad scholarship seen any change reflected in their online account? Mine still says 'conditional award'.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

Nah still nothing. No communication from the IRC yet either apart from the score breakdown.
    I assume they'll be in touch soon enough telling us what to do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SNiB

I haven't heard anything yet either ringthebells and aidoh. I suppose it will take a while for them to process everyone's paperwork. It would be nice to hear sooner rather than later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Samhradhs

Congrats to all who got the grant.
    I've a question.
    Hubbie applied last year and missed out. Grand.
    This year he applied, but one of his referrees let him down (despite being reminded the day before :-(). So of course it was rejected.
    Can he apply ext year or are his two chances finished does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Samhradhs wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got the grant.
    I've a question.
    Hubbie applied last year and missed out. Grand.
    This year he applied, but one of his referrees let him down (despite being reminded the day before :-(). So of course it was rejected.
    Can he apply ext year or are his two chances finished does anyone know?

I was in a similar situation last year with a referee. I was told because the application wasn't fully submitted then it didn't count. I think in order for it to be considered, the application must have been considered by some committee.

• Advertisement

Beginning to get a bit anxious about the fact that I haven't heard anything from IRC since my acceptance form and transcripts were submitted. I checked last years thread and it seemed that people's online profile status changed to 'Award Holder' relatively soon after they submitted.

I'm a bit anxious about it too but realistically what reason would there be for a delay in a change in the system other than that they are swamped? Telling myself that anyway!

Has anyone contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Has anyone contacted them?
    Yes.
    We will update the status of conditional awardees in the coming weeks.

Phoned the IRC. They said that they are going to update the status next week. Taking longer than expected but if you haven't heard from them then they have no issue with your documentation.

• Advertisement

Phoned the IRC. They said that they are going to update the status next week. Taking longer than expected but if you haven't heard from them then they have no issue with your documentation.

Amazing stuff, thanks NormalBob :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

I emailed them yesterday and they said the same basically - that they had received my documentation and that status change would be made "in the coming weeks".

They could've saved all these emails/phone calls if they'd just sent an email out to everyone explaining what was happening/that there's no need to worry!

Absolutely!
    Plus having to register with our universities, PAC (for me, anyway) and sort out stuff with our supervisors. And probably some other things I'm forgetting.
    So many more moving parts that I would have thought. I sort of won't rest easy now 'til eeeeeverything is sorted!

Its reassuring to hear that no news is good news with regards to the documentation. Thanks to all who share any updates that they have received from IRC, much appreciated!

Woohoo,
    Gone from Conditional Award to Award Holder just today. I'm sure everyone else with a conditional award can now breathe a sigh of relief too.

Yup! Award Holder. Tis official.

Excuse me while I go laptop shopping.

Me too! Ah feels so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Phew - got a bit anxious as I logged in to check, but all fine, and then got the email to confirm.

Glad's it's FINALLY all sorted! Feel a weird sense of pressure now though, hhhmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Da Don

A weight off our shoulders :P

Delighted its official!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Duckee

I was on reserve for the post-doc fellowship this year and just got my feedback today. I got a score of 89%. Does anyone know what the cut off was for a conditional award?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 JervisOak

Duckee wrote: »
    I was on reserve for the post-doc fellowship this year and just got my feedback today. I got a score of 89%. Does anyone know what the cut off was for a conditional award?

By post?

Does anyone know what the cut off was for a conditional award?
    I applied for the Postgraduate scholarship and it stated on my feedback form what the cut-off was. Are you sure it's not on yours?

@ Jervis Oak - Yes by post.

@ Kavrocks - Yes I'm sure, as I checked with some colleagues who also got reserve letters. No mention of the cut off I'm afraid.

I'd love to know though because at 89% I can't have been far off right?

@ Kavrocks - Yes I'm sure, as I checked with some colleagues who also got reserve letters. No mention of the cut off I'm afraid.

I'd love to know though because at 89% I can't have been far off right?
    It could have said on mine as I was above the cut-off and received a conditional award.

If it's any help the cut-off for the Postgraduate Scholarship was 88% so I doubt you were far off.

Kavrocks wrote: »
    It could have said on mine as I was above the cut-off and received a conditional award.

If it's any help the cut-off for the Postgraduate Scholarship was 88% so I doubt you were far off.

Maybe so. Hmmm if the post-grad was 88% then that gives me some idea at least.

Thanks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anh Le Tuan

Does IRC cover our PAC fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Eimear811

Does anybody know what the story with getting a computer is? I've got €1000 allocated for it. Do I buy it myself and then send receipts to IRC? And would a laptop or desktop be better? I could probably get both with the €1000, but would that be allowed?

Eimear811 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the story with getting a computer is? I've got €1000 allocated for it. Do I buy it myself and then send receipts to IRC? And would a laptop or desktop be better? I could probably get both with the €1000, but would that be allowed?

As far as I know it is only for one computer but you can spend up to the 1000 including software. Not sure where you are but in TCD I was told that the research office will be allocating the money and I needed to speak to the procurement office about getting the laptop.

• Advertisement

Does IRC cover our PAC fee?
    No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement