Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Perhaps she counted the applications that were not assessed.

Failing to fill in certain sections, for example, will disqualify automatically, meaning that they are never sent to the experts.

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Perhaps she counted the applications that were not assessed.

Failing to fill in certain sections, for example, will disqualify automatically, meaning that they are never sent to the experts.

That's it possibly, but that statistic is a little pointless as it's kinda obvious if your application is filled wrong you're out of the the running! 1 in 4.5 is much more encouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Leighn

Can you view the supervisor and referee forms when they are entered online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Manco

Leighn wrote: »

No, not last year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikehayes83

Have other people left the postgraduate qualifications sections blank if they did not apply or have I ruined my application by not putting in N/A?

• Advertisement

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Ravelleman wrote: »
    No.

Are we given any notification when the supervisor/referees forms are submitted?

Are we given any notification when the supervisor/referees forms are submitted?

I checked my email records there and it appears that they do not send emails when those forms are submitted. The email I received was to confirm submission of the initial application.

Both my references have been submitted; I didn't get email confirmation from the IRC but if you look at your application status on the portal it says if they have been submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭httpete

I have just looked at my submitted application and it says the following -

Referees Status
    2 Referees Assigned

Supervisor/Mentor Status
    Supervisor Assigned
    Supervisor Form In Preparation

Does this mean that my referees and mentor HAVE NOT submitted their forms yet?

Did they get an automated email from IRCSET when I submitted my application or am I supposed to let them know myself that they need to fill in these forms?

• Advertisement

They will have received an email from the *IRC about the references.

You might want to remind them as their deadline approached though.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Does anyone know exactly what the application page will say when the supervisor and referees have submitted their forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 andweneverdid

It will come up like this:
    2 Referees Assigned
    2 References Completed
    Supervisor Assigned
    Supervisor Form Completed

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spotfire

Does anybody know the exact date the RO gets their endorsment email from the IRC? Is it after you referee & supervisor forms are completed or after the deadlines for the referee and supervisor forms have passed?

After the deadlines have passed I imagine.

All forms for my application have been submitted, time to breathe a sigh of relief and wait for the RO endorsement before forgetting all about this until June!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spotfire

Knowing the IRC it will probably be later than June!

They have a track record in not having their act together

So I've noticed :pac: not holding my breath anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Have other people left the postgraduate qualifications sections blank if they did not apply or have I ruined my application by not putting in N/A?
    Mine is the same. Are you sure it was even possible to type in N/A? I think all you could do was select (or not) values from picklists.

Sklarker wrote: »
    Mine is the same. Are you sure it was even possible to type in N/A? I think all you could do was select (or not) values from picklists.
    I emailed and asked them about it. They told me as long as the mandatory sections (which masters section was not ) were filled in the application would be ok.

How does everyone feel now that the applications are in and the deadline is out of the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

How does everyone feel now that the applications are in and the deadline is out of the way?

RELIEVED and slightly nervous....will be a wreck come decision results!

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    RELIEVED and slightly nervous....will be a wreck come decision results!

:) Good luck to you and to everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Spotfire wrote: »
    Does anybody know the exact date the RO gets their endorsment email from the IRC? Is it after you referee & supervisor forms are completed or after the deadlines for the referee and supervisor forms have passed?

I just got an email form IRC saying the RO has endorsed my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Putting it out of my mind by working on an article.

nialljf wrote: »
    Putting it out of my mind by working on an article.

A great idea :)

Is it tomorrow or Wednesday that the RO deadline is? Just a little nervous as my application hasn't been approved yet

Pretty sure it's the 12th Mike - you should be all over that - it'd be crazy to be eliminated from the process over something so trivial after all that hard work!!!

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's the 12th Mike - you should be all over that - it'd be crazy to be eliminated from the process over something so trivial after all that hard work!!!
    Thanks Jaimz30 I will contact them in the morning and hound them in case it's after getting lost in someone's inbox!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LegofLamb

Well I am just after submitting my Postdoc application.

I can honestly say I have never worked so hard on an application so whatever happens happens.

I have to say the support from my proposed Host Institution has been fantastic. They've never met me but the people in the uni's Research Office, as well as my mentor and other professors who endorsed my project, have all been very generous with their time and advice.

Good luck to everyone else out there.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you LegofLamb. As you said - whatever happens happens now, it's out of your control. It takes me days to come down off the stress buzz when I do these things (essays, thesis, applications) - does anyone else feel that way too?

It's a strange time for me - although I'm finished things I don't necessarily feel 'finished' and there's no relief or joy in being done. Then I spend days re-reading things (which I know is bad in case I find a typo or stress that I should have worded something differently).

It's the same when I receive results (which are usually good), lets face it, we wouldn't be applying for these things if they were average. But again it takes days for the joy to resonate with me - my family and friends tend to go bananas and I'd be like 'meehh, whatever'.

Best of luck to you LegofLamb - the best thing I find to unwind after these things is a double-header at the flicks or an easy read. I went to American Hustle and Wolf of Wall St. one after another lately - great shows!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement