Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Satellite L450D-13U

Options
  • 23-11-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all

I was planning to reinstall Windows on my brothers Laptop. I am finding it difficult to locate the Drivers. The Serial Number on the Laptop is not even being recognised.

Laptop Model: Satellite L450D-13U

Done an Auto detect on the Laptop and it was not recognised. Changed the Location from the UK to Ireland and it detected a different Toshiba Model (Satellite Pro L450D-12X)

I am not able to get the Product Key of the Laptop either as the Sticker is too faded and third Party tools appear to be unreliable.

My Only option at the Moment is to create an image of his Laptop as it is at the Moment and if I am not able to locate the Drivers I can revert the Laptop back to how it was.

Has anyone every came across this Problem before.

Regards

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You can use http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/ to retrieve the Windows install key if you attach the disk to another PC

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭colmtowey

Hi

Thanks for the Reply.

I have used Magical Jellybean Keyfinder before and do not think it is too reliable. I am able to make out the last 2 Letters on the Sticker and the Keyfinder comes back with something totally Different. I have used it before and the Product Key was not valid. I have also seen comments about it and a lot of People say it is not at all reliable. Maybe if I try it when the HDD is in a caddy rather than in a Laptop it may work but I would not be too keen on it.

I have heard about Rainbow tables but have not came across them.

Regards

Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

try using Belarc Adviser
    it will scan your system and return all the keys on your system and also full info on your system, ive used it for years.

Advertisement