Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company posts wrong dress, am I liable for P&P?

Options
  • 23-11-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I recently received an order but one of the dresses was completely wrong. Wrong colour, wrong style, wrong fit. I have to post it back. Am I liable for postage and packaging? If so, why? I have a feeling I will be and that they will only refund me for the dress when they receive it back. Ironically, it is more expensive it appears than the one I purchased but I imagine that when they refund, they'll only refund for what I purchased.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Hello
    I recently received an order but one of the dresses was completely wrong. Wrong colour, wrong style, wrong fit. I have to post it back. Am I liable for postage and packaging? If so, why? I have a feeling I will be and that they will only refund me for the dress when they receive it back. Ironically, it is more expensive it appears than the one I purchased but I imagine that when they refund, they'll only refund for what I purchased.

Yes, but sometimes if its the company's fault, they'll include the postage cost in the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If the seller screwed up then by law the seller is liable for the cost of return.
    Contact them and let them know of the mistake and that you reject the item. Ideally you should request them to collect the goods but they might request you to ship it back. If you agree to that then make sure to get a commitment that they'll refund full shipping costs and, importantly, that you are not responsible for any loss or damage in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They sent you the wrong item, so this means that they are liable for the postage return costs. Either they should arrange for pre-paid postage of some form, or they should agree to reimburse you for the cost of postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭doublej

The OP has asked whether they will be liable for P&P for returning an unsolicited article that was sent in error.
    When the company with whom you are doing business with forwards to you the dress that you paid for, they can then concern themselves with the dress that the OP has in her possession.
    Demand your dress be sent immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and if you get no satisfaction, you can do a CC claim etc as you didn't receive the item requested. but only if you get no satisfaction. Keep copy of original order and photo of wrong dress........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

doublej wrote: »
    The OP has asked whether they will be liable for P&P for returning an unsolicited article that was sent in error.
    When the company with whom you are doing business with forwards to you the dress that you paid for, they can then concern themselves with the dress that the OP has in her possession.
    Demand your dress be sent immediately.

It appears my dress isn't available anymore as its not on the website and I think there were just one or two sizes left when I ordered.

Company have told me they will refund my postage and packaging when I return dress,along with refund for dress,so either way,Im dressless!

Thanks for advice.

Advertisement