Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammer

Options
  • 23-11-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

On Exchequer street today came across a man on his knees on the footpath. Helped him up and had to take all his weight. He could not stand on his own. He didn't want an ambulance, but did want a euro for the bus. Since there is no way he could make it to the bus stop in this condition myself and another good samaritan decided we had to call an ambulance anyway.

While I'm on the phone someone else comes up and tells us that this guy is a pick pocket and this is his standard scam to get next to people. With this the guy, who I was still holding up, miraculously recovers and just walks off.

Short, fat, middle aged guy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Scum.

Good on you and the other lad for taking the time to try and help someone regardless, many wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭fg10291

Dawson st Saturday morning same thing guy in red jacket, "collapsed" people helped him up ambulance called, 2 minutes later miraculous recovery, ambos arrive and they filled us in , well known apparently for this scam. Some of the staff in the cafe also knew him bit said they hadn't seen him around on a while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Good to know. People often get criticised for not helping but its people like this that just make people even more reluctant to help people on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭olly_mac

If it's the same guy I am thinking of, he sometimes "offers" to sell hash. When told to get lost, he fakes a fit. Same scenario... when people help him up he dips pockets. Sometimes there is a blond woman with him, and she takes the marks while he is faking the fit.

Be aware though, if it is the same bloke, he wears a big ring on his right hand. I have seen him use it to lash out at faces if people cop he is dipping. He can be a dangerous sod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

His name is Peter Sheridan and he is a well known scam artist. Tell him to "fvck off, Peter" and he will usually leg it if you know his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

olly_mac wrote: »

Be aware though, if it is the same bloke, he wears a big ring on his right hand. I have seen him use it to lash out at faces if people cop he is dipping. He can be a dangerous sod.

Have seen him around doing his scam and someone told me this as well, that he has a dangerous side to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

I have seen that trick before:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtjBqJ4NxA

Advertisement