Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Budget furniture & kitchen experience

• 23-11-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, to share about Budget Furniture and Kitchen on Kylemore road. They have really "budget" price tag on Italian leather couches which I am finding hard to believe is genuine leather (feels real to touch but €1300 for 3+1+1??). Pat, the owner (I guess) seems like a nice man and I really hope he is offering genuine products.
    The company seemingly went bust in 2011 (http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Budget-Furniture-And-Kitchens-Limited-464934) but they seem to be still in business today.

I'd really appreciate if you could share some of your experiences with this company, last thing anyone would want is these "budget" couches to disintegrate in a few months time :p

Thanks for sharing...
    jRoy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

We bought budget leather 3 + 2 couches circa 2004. We were delighted with ourselves. The place we bought them in was on th Long Mile Road. Both tore easily with jeans buttons or similar. And one actually broke in the middle when someone sat down on it, the beam across the front that would be behind your calves when sitting just snapped.

My advice - listen to your head not your heart, buy quality and it will last, buy somewhere with a good reputation that only stocks good quality product.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jRoy

Thanks a mil,
    The Budget Furniture and Kitchen shop is not on long mile road though... I get your point and that's why I am here asking for feedback on this particular shop. The piece looks identical to what they have at Harvey Normans but a good ~€700 cheaper. I even saw a similar product at another shop for more than a grand dearer.
    I am so lost :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

The heart seems to be winning...it doesn't matter where I bought, or where you buy, or the name of the shop.

My point stands, if something seems to good to be true then it probably is.

If you want decent furniture that will last you have to pay for it. Maybe try looking second hand for more affordable good furniture?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

jRoy wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience, good or bad, to share about Budget Furniture and Kitchen on Kylemore road. They have really "budget" price tag on Italian leather couches which I am finding hard to believe is genuine leather (feels real to touch but €1300 for 3+1+1??). Pat, the owner (I guess) seems like a nice man and I really hope he is offering genuine products.
    The company seemingly went bust in 2011 (http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Budget-Furniture-And-Kitchens-Limited-464934) but they seem to be still in business today.

I'd really appreciate if you could share some of your experiences with this company, last thing anyone would want is these "budget" couches to disintegrate in a few months time :p

Thanks for sharing...
    jRoy

Some companies do that, they trade without paying taxes, and when revenue puts any heat on them they close the company and continue to trade under another alias.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭antopanto

antopanto wrote: »
    Some companies do that, they trade without paying taxes, and when revenue puts any heat on them they close the company and continue to trade under another alias.

This is very common with take away restaurants, Under New Management sign in the window is a bit of a give away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement