Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Four Star Pizza base suitable for vegans?

Options
  • 23-11-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys! I was just wondering if anyone can confirm whether or not the Four Star Pizza base is suitable for vegans? I emailed the company to ask but didn't receive a reply. I asked them a second question when I contacted them and they responded to that question only, so I'm thinking they probably aren't suitable...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I can't answer your question about four star pizza. But I'm just curious as to why pizza bases wouldn't be vegan.
    When I make it at home its just flour water and yeast, maybe a bit of oil. What are the takeaway companies putting in it that makes it not vegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Some add milk powder, some add egg.

For example:
    • Dominos (take-away) bases contain dairy.
    • Little Caesar's (restaurant in Dublin city) use egg and milk powder to make their dough.
    • Il Fuoco (restaurant in Dublin city) use egg to make their dough.
    However,
    • The bases in Milano restaurants are suitable for vegans.
    • In Pizza Hut the deep pan base is the only type of base suitable for vegans.
    • Apache Pizza bases are suitable for vegans.
    • Millers (restaurant in Dublin city) can offer a vegan pizza.
    • Pasta Fresca (restaurant in Dublin city) can offer a vegan pizza.

If anyone has details for any other restaurants / take-away places I'd be glad to learn them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What are the takeaway companies putting in it that makes it not vegan?
    Could be the sugar to activate the yeast. Or possibly that the oven might be contaminated with cheese or oils.

Advertisement