Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StanJames - Error on slip

• 23-11-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Sorry if this was asked before, but my father always picks the exact same 3 numbers for the Irish lotto in the bookies each week. This week the numbers came up but there was a error on the slip and wasn't noticed until now. (Ie. a 9 instead of 8)

What are the chances of the bookies paying out if? He adamant that the slip was right when handing it in.

Would stanjames have the original docket on record?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

yes they would have the original docket but the chances of them showing it to you is slim, and is it not like filling in a lotto ticket, just put a line through the box?

if it is i doubt its wrong and he probably filled in the wrong one, so no winner sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Thanks for the help. And no luck with the payout either, he went in earlier..

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I would be very careful of using "Stan James" in a retail shop in Ireland!
    Somebody had a problem getting paid from an "SJ" shop in Phibsboro.
    Seemingly it is NOT Stan James but a franchise and Stan James said they no longer have SJ shops in Ireland.
    The shop wouldn't or couldn't pay the customer money owed.
    Bloke wrote into The Star and they contacted SJ would paid him a cheque.
    Looks like the guy is still using the SJ signage even though SJ are no longer in Ireland.
    "Efforts by both SJ and The Star to contact the franchise holder were unsuccessful!"

Advertisement