Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TM or WE PX4? Long term Report

• 23-11-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hey I thought I'd throw this thread up to share my experiences.

First up is the TM. An excellent all round gun. Great range and accuracy using a perfectly adjustable hop up, easily accessed without having to take the slide off (A pet peeve of mine on glocks :mad:)

The action is quick and crisp, a good amount of recoil for a plastic slide. The mags hold plenty of gas and the cooldown during rapid sustained firing is minimal. I managed to get two fills of bbs to a gas fill.

The bad points of this gun though, is its' longevity. The first thing to fail on it was the trigger spring, after less than a year of use; Skirmished every two weeks. A small, simple part, but impossible to get from anyone anywhere. I eventually decided on getting a WE PX4 for parts... which I now use full time!:rolleyes:

The TM eventually gave up on me a couple of weeks ago. The slide cracked and broke up near the recoil spring in a spectacular fashion.

The WE is an exact clone of the TM in almost every way except much much cheaper!:cool: Everything on them is interchangable. The WE even performs the same as the TM. The hop is just as good, the actions' speed is negligable in the difference, but the recoil is stronger due to the metal slide.

Gas efficiency is a little bit less, but that's to be expected for the heavier slide. It feels more rugged too, and that's saying something. The TM is solid as I've ever had a plastic slide gun.:eek:

The only down point to the WE is its mags. They are god awful. They hold about half of the gas of the TM ones and their feed hopper for the bbs is rough and seems cheap. The solution?:confused: Buy TM mags for it! They're fully interchangeable and vastly better!

In summary, If I were to go again, I'd buy the WE and TM mags for it. If you're still fixated on a TM, keep it well oiled and clean and it should last a solid year without fault.

I should probably mention I do tend to fire my pistols very quickly... probably didn't help the trigger spring... :D

If anyone has any other experiences they'd like to share with these two feel free to throw it on here!

Thank you and goodnight! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

I have a WE px4. Have to say the mags are fairly rubbish all right. Got a full TM px4 minus the trigger spring from a guy on here. Mentioned it to my airsoft tech about rebuilding the TM using the WE one and he reckoned I was mad as the WE one is a superior gun. Only problem I've had is the hammer has become a bit wobbly but apparently it happens them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

That was me :D yeah, that happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Whoops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Great long term review mate, appretiate the feedback.

DP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭flynn353

The slide locks were also reported to break due to a manufacturing defect in an early batch of TM I think. The trigger spring is also a known issue with them from my reading of the review on arnies.

According to your experience it would be a bad idea to fix a TM mag with WE feed lips? Dammit :( need feed lips and a mag base to fix a second spare mag haha

Anyone know can a lanyard be attached to either version? I dont trust holsters, especially as I'm a)forgetful and b)left handed/awkward lol

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭Horse84

Very welcome long term review there. I've owned both versions and while the tm has that tm quality feel with it I would even go with the WE myself.
    Credit where it's due, WE have really upped their game the last number of years. I promised myself 5 or 6 years ago I'd never look at a we pistol again after having 2 socom gear/we meu's and m1911's fail catastrophically on me after light use. I recently bought a we m9 (still not great) a sig 228 and we px 4 compact. (The sig matches my custom guarder marui p226 for accuracy)
    The last 2 are savage pieces for their price. Full metal, great kick and accuracy out of the box after a heavy clean and service is outstanding for such small barrels.
    WE still have a way to go with some of their QC and has been said their mags particularly still aren't up there with marui but they are value for money. As some come with tight bores as standard, night sights and a multitude of back straps to suit your own grip.
    I'm still not entirely convinced that WE pistols have the longevity of stock marui pistols, simply because they are all metal and the higher stresses on them but the days of them being the budget down market option are gone and I plan on getting one or 2 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Anyone know can a lanyard be attached to either version?

I have asked hobby airsoft the same question and was told no unfortunately so i got myself an IMI holster and i don't worry about it anymore as i know its locked into place.I have the tm one myself and have had no issues yet(touch wood).I keep it well maintained and to be honest it gets little use. I really need to start using the pistol alot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

No lanyard loop on either:( Unless you're handy with a drill! I have an adjustable viper holster and it holds the pistol perfectly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

Have had the WE for about a year and found that cybergun gas works best in it. I was firing it the other day in about 5 degree celsius and got nearly two fills of bbs (50rds) with one fill of gas and still great range and accuracy!

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    No lanyard loop on either:( Unless you're handy with a drill! I have an adjustable viper holster and it holds the pistol perfectly!

Well I have access to lots of stuff that could be dangerous in the wrong hands (ie mine) haha. Theres a lanyard loop available for the RS one apparently but havent found an image of it so Ive no idea how its fitted or that.

I'd just prefer to have a lanyard on it because knowing me it would go missing someday. The holster i have currently is grand but right handed :(

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭T.C.

Thanks for the link T.C Ive my eye on a Fobus one for about 20euro shipped from israel, but I dont do paypal so I'm stuck with an ACM adjustable type for the forseeable future ha

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭SuperBlu26

flynn353 wrote: »
    Thanks for the link T.C Ive my eye on a Fobus one for about 20euro shipped from israel, but I dont do paypal so I'm stuck with an ACM adjustable type for the forseeable future ha

Paul

What website is this on? (being a fellow lefty also looking for a holster!)

Ebay link

Theres 2 versions in that shop

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi All,

I have used a WE Px4 my secondary for about a year now.
    I'm very happy with it ,its had one or two faults but most likely caused by me dropping it a few times ( crap cross draw holster, since replaced).

Its great looking ,very ergonomic ( other pistols feel weird now), it has great weight.Its good on gas two mags of 25 to a fill and its tough 3 drops onto concrete and only scratches no cracks.

I got the plastic IMI holster which locks it in perfectly ,TM owners get it ,WE owners be aware it takes the paint off the pistol especially at the front.

Bit of advice if you look into the mag well (from the bottom ,or top with slide off) there a V shaped spring on the upper RH mine popped out twice and came out when i switched mags. If lost i'd imagine it would be a nightmare to replace , I put a drop of superglue where it slots in and no issues since.

Was asking on another forum and apparently laylax/nine ball or whoever they are now have made a lanyard loop for the TM PX4, so when they pop up in HK shops or maybe European I'll probably get one. Heres a link for anyone who might be interested in it.
    All I need is that, pick up a proper holster, fix my second spare mag and it'll hopefully get more use :)

Paul

Ok Update,

Complete opinion change on the HK3 PX4.

I'v had mine awhile and use it regularly , I recently replaced the entire top slide with a drop in from khmountain as I was having gas leak out after 3 or 4 shots ( wasn't the mags checked with friends TM)

There was a small piece of metal after breaking off on the inside of the top slide , sort of a bulkhead between the gas block assy and the hop up/barrel area. I had dropped mine a few times and put the damage down to my own neglect.

First day out with new slide 3 rd mag threw the gun I had a jam in the field , popped the slide off , reassembled and jam was clear. Fired 3 or four shots ,all gas leaks out no bbs fires.

On inspection piece of metal bulkhead in the exact same place had broken off.

This is obviously a design weakness. I hope to fix it with glued in piece.
    But it would definitely stop me recommending this other wise great gun.

Ciaran

TM PX4 bought yesterday and in my hands today.

If ya can afford it get the TM ,look, feel and weight is very realistic for a plastic pistol.
    surprisingly big kick off it.

The glue repair on my HK3 slide didn't hold so said to myself I have 2 mags ,a serpa holster , nine ball hop and barrel for a px4
    Just get the TM it'll work every time I take it out.

wish I had just bought it in the first place and not wasted the money on a cheapy

Advertisement