Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Months Free Spotify +250MB Data (Vodafone)

Options
  • 23-11-2013 11:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Not sure why there isn't already a thread about this so I've created one.
    If you buy a Vodafone Phone from now until around the end of Christmas you get 3 months free Spotify. It's Spotify Premium too so you can listen on your computer as well as your new phone. Also you get 250Mb worth of Data so that's 750Mb free over the 3 months.
    Also if you use FatCheese and port a number over you get €24 cashback.
    Vodafone's Cheapest Phone = €39
    (-) 3 Months Spotify Premium = €30 value
    (-) Cashback from FatCheese = €24
    So you actually get €15 back in a sense and free data and Spotify and a phone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Is there a way to get free spotify when you already have a pay as you go phone with Vodafone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Is there a way to get free spotify when you already have a pay as you go phone with Vodafone?

Read this thread below. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057094171/1/#post87765569
    Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

How does this work in practice? When you get the SMS link to the vodafone offer page and login, and click the "Get Spotify Premium now" button... does it SMS you a spotify redemption code? Or create a new spotify account for you?

I have 2 weeks left on my own subscription so would rather add the vodafone offer to my own than create a new account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

breathn wrote: »
    How does this work in practice? When you get the SMS link to the vodafone offer page and login, and click the "Get Spotify Premium now" button... does it SMS you a spotify redemption code? Or create a new spotify account for you?

I have 2 weeks left on my own subscription so would rather add the vodafone offer to my own than create a new account :)

This is exactly what I'm wondering. I just received the Smart 3 that was posted in BA last week and have and existing spotify sub until 05/01/14. I don't want the 3 months free to start from today if I try and register for it now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I've just tried activating this, but it seems that you have to have €10 worth of credit on your vodafone account to use it!!

I thought you get the spotify without the need of a topup, but not so :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Spotify is now free on mobile
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

Tockman wrote: »
    Spotify is now free on mobile
    :cool:

Not the Premium option

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

My spotify uses 3GB a month, and i only use it for hour max a day... FYI.

bk wrote: »
    I've just tried activating this, but it seems that you have to have €10 worth of credit on your vodafone account to use it!!

I thought you get the spotify without the need of a topup, but not so :(

damn
    do you need €10 credit per month or just €10 credit and you get a 3 month voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Haha Vodafone the scumbags giving you free spotify premium and 250MB data so that you will go over the 250MB and be charged the out of bundle fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

flynner13 wrote: »
    My spotify uses 3GB a month, and i only use it for hour max a day... FYI.
    cas2kx wrote: »
    Haha Vodafone the scumbags giving you free spotify premium and 250MB data so that you will go over the 250MB and be charged the out of bundle fee

250 MB is about 1 hour of Spotify for me as far as I can work out. In the long list of Vodafone's sh1tty deals this one is pretty special.

I thought this was a great deal... Guess I was wrong! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

I thought this was a great deal... Guess I was wrong! :o

Depends how the topup vs 3 mth Spotify works.
    I'd be happy to spend the tenner to save 20 euros on Spotify if you get the 3 months at once.

Also, doesn't say diddly about buying topups in the add
    How do I get this offer?

Choose your pay as you go smartphone
    Register your new smartphone on My Vodafone
    You will receive a confirmation text from Vodafone
    Follow the link in the text or register for Spotify and start enjoying endless music today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Spotify seem to be doing a 3 months for the price of 1 deal on premium if you don't want to buy a new phone. I haven't got the link on hand because I'm on my phone but it should be on the main site somewhere. That's €10 for 3 months use.

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Spotify seem to be doing a 3 months for the price of 1 deal on premium if you don't want to buy a new phone. I haven't got the link on hand because I'm on my phone but it should be on the main site somewhere. That's €10 for 3 months use.

I was actually just about to post about this! It's only for new customers though, I will try to find the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

cas2kx wrote: »

With premium you can download and store music on your phone so there's no need to use any data if you're sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Cydoniac wrote: »

That's some good digging to find that! Very useful for new members.

But sadly doesn't work for me because I've already been a member:
    It appears that you've already been a premium user and this trial is only valid for new users. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time.

Just an update on this, today I activated my Subscription without the need to top up and the data is 500MB and not 250MB!
    Couldn't be more happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Premium Spotify has 320 kbps streaming so I hope you select your favorite 50 songs wisely before you get sucked into paying for more data bundles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

250mb over a month? Miniscule. I would have that used up in half an hour.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    250mb over a month? Miniscule. I would have that used up in half an hour.
    Premium Spotify has 320 kbps streaming so I hope you select your favorite 50 songs wisely before you get sucked into paying for more data bundles.

Got 13/3 in my last speed test!
    I use WiFi for Spotify and the 500Mb for well, not really for anything more of a just in case for me.
    It's 500MB of data which is a good bit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ericaaaa_46

I got a new smartphone just there at Christmas with it ,came a notice saying i could avail of 3 months spotify premium for free if i register with MyVodafone . It says once i register i will receive a text with a link to sign up for the offer . But i am already registered with MyVodafone.I have updated my phone information but still no text ? Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks :)

Advertisement