Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorhead

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I think its all over folks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Till The End sounds like Ride On, never knew Lemmy was a fan of Christy Moore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

My copy of the new album arrived yesterday, and I have to say it's an example of how albums should be released these days. I ordered the vinyl and includes a copy of the CD AND a download card. That should be the standard (for vinyl releases) these days.

It's also on lovely white vinyl! Niiiiiice....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So they're back gigging, quite odd that it's the Black Magic tour and they're not playing any new songs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Wurzelbert

scudzilla wrote: »
    So they're back gigging, quite odd that it's the Black Magic tour and they're not playing any new songs

none? really?

Sept 12th

Damage Case
    Stay Clean
    Metropolis
    Over the Top
    Guitar Solo
    The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
    Rock It
    Lost Woman Blues
    Doctor Rock
    (with Drum Solo)
    Just 'Cos You Got the Power
    Bomber
    (First time played live since 2012)
    Ace of Spades
    Encore:
    Overkill

Sept 11th

Damage Case
    Stay Clean
    Metropolis
    Over the Top
    Guitar Solo
    The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
    Rock It
    Lost Woman Blues
    Doctor Rock
    (With Drum Solo)
    Just 'Cos You Got the Power
    Ace of Spades
    Encore:
    Overkill

Quite odd really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New album is album of the year for me so far, a cracking effort from lemmy and the lads. Fair ****s to them for still banging out crackers like this at this stage of their career.

lord lucan wrote: »
    New album is album of the year for me so far, a cracking effort from lemmy and the lads. Fair ****s to them for still banging out crackers like this at this stage of their career.

Was listening to it earlier and said exact same thing to the wifey, my album of the year so far, and its been a long time since I said that about motorhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was listening to it earlier and said exact same thing to the wifey, my album of the year so far, and its been a long time since I said that about motorhead

Inferno? Surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

FCUKIN GUTTED RIP PHIL

[YT]ueeEEXE7Po8[/YT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Unfortunately phils death will not make life any easier for lemmy

rip phil

fcukin gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Sad news :(

RIP

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Who'd of thought Lemmy would out live him. Great character.

Just heard from my mate who travelled over to see them in Hamburg tonight, the gig has been cancelled, as was last nights Berlin show due to Phil being taken to Hospital :(

• Advertisement

Just noticed another thing, the tour is now in full flow and they're still not playing anything from Black Magic, bit odd i think

:(:(:(

Just heard that Lemmy has passed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Dammit man :(

R.I.P. Lemmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

RIP to a total and utter legend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

RIP Lemmy :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hoped to catch them somewhere in Europe in the new year....gutted! R.I.P Lemmy:(

damn, rip lemmy…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wurzel, Philty, Lemmy....

If there is a hereafter, it's a fcuking loud one tonight.

RIP.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

There are no words, just volume - so play it LOUD for Lemmy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

RIP Lemmy. Seen them at the RDS years ago. Loudness band I have ever seen. Another rock God gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

We really will never see the likes of him again. Goodbye Lemmy, he really was the reason most of us got into any kind of heavy music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

:(

RIP Lemmy

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

After seeing them at glastonbury this year I guessed it would be for the last time due to lemmys health issues,

rip lemmy you had a great life

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

Lemmy... im gonna miss the music
    rip

• Advertisement

RIP Lemmy. Seen them at the RDS years ago. Loudness band I have ever seen. Another rock God gone.

I was there too buddy
    it was awesome, xtreme fest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bump.

Genuinely heartbroken to hear of and see Lemmy having to end another performance on the current tour.

The man has always seemed pretty immortal and indestructible but I think Father Time is finally starting to win :(

I've seen Motorhead live twice and there was a definite difference between their performance in 2008 and in 2014. I fear the end of their lives shows may not be too far away.

That said, Bad Magic is an absolute belter of an album and proves that himself and the lads can still go in the studio.

Just saw I posted this... really didn't think it'd be over this fast :(

the funeral is to be webcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Strange request here, does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin I'd get a Motorhead baby grow?

Friends have asked me to be godfather to their soon to be born child but are selfishly insisting that naming him/her Lemmy is off the table

I figure buying some Motorhead baby attire is the next best thing.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Strange request here, does anyone know of anywhere in Dublin I'd get a Motorhead baby grow?

Friends have asked me to be godfather to their soon to be born child but are selfishly insisting that naming him/her Lemmy is off the table

I figure buying some Motorhead baby attire is the next best thing.

the vintage shop in georges street arcade mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Cheers Robbie

no worries, thats where I got mine

Official Lemmy commemorative t-shirt

12410527_1116362325062741_7567419613804819460_n.jpg?oh=b7c5dfd0b8289f2f8d17a40ca2097aab&oe=5749F9FD
    We have honestly been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love for Lemmy from everyone everywhere. Sadly, we have also been upset to see bootleggers wasting no time getting in on the act and exploiting the situation. We have subsequently realized that you want to commemorate him by getting something, so we are going to do our best to supply that officially. Here is a shirt to start with, we hope you like it, and we will endeavor to offer more in the future, and please let us know what you would like to see.

European link to buy the t-shirt
    https://motorhead.backstreetmerch.com/t-shirts/delivers-black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.nme.com/news/motorhead/90931

The bbc have a tribute to him up on bbc iplayer, Lemmy in his own words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

The most fitting tribute possible, probably.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

blastman wrote: »
    The most fitting tribute possible, probably.... :D

Revenge, the band, will be jealous of this wall of noise. US interrogators might be interested in using this mix on detainees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Posted on Thin Lizzy Facebook

Mikkey Dee:
    "Unfortunately, due to circumstances that will be announced very soon, I cannot play the six shows with Thin Lizzy in 2016 & 2017. As a life long fan of the band, I truly wish I could have been a part of this, but the reason will be revealed as soon as possible. I wish my great friends Scott Travis and Ian Haugland all the best with these shows and I know they will kick ass!"

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Amfyoyo

I've been with Motorhead for 38 years, still nothing like them
    probably been to over 500 shows, 80 T's, I have One of Lemmy's White Rickys signed by the manhimself, but NOTHING could prepare U for Ur first Motor Gig...

It's like being physically hit by a truck, blinded by a indoor 88mm battery, while Ur head is in the engine of a B52 about to take off......but best of all, STRUGGLING to breathe because the power of Philthy Underpant's double bass drumming is PRESSING Ur rib cage...and they just got better with every tour...

After seeing the funeral ceremony,and watching what's been going on with them for the past few years, a number of fellow Motorheadbangers who meet up on tours have been in touch....GOD FORBID.....I have an awful feeling Mikkey is going to take to the road with Mikkey Dee's Motorhead...with Gene Simmons

They've been very 'chummy' over the past few years, but Mikkey has decided to get into 'merchandising' and trying to stamp the logo on anything that could be sold....and his 'mentor' was Simmons, but once I saw him in front row of the memorial service....

It'd be like Boy George joining Metallica.........
    Tubbs

No the Motorhead name should be left alone, Mikkey Dee's Motorhead with that twit for lack of a better description, just wouldn't be right..

Motorhead died with Lemmy, besides Mikkey said in December after Lemmy's death, No Lemmy, No Motorhead, surely he wouldn't go back on his word.

• Advertisement

I hope U're right Lithium.

Mikkey is, at best, an average drummer...VERY hard hitter, but that's what amplification is for, better off with lighter sticks hitting faster, but while Lem enjoyed sitting in the Rainbow playing his slot machine & listening to R'n'R, chatting with friends & fans alike, & Phil was happy with a spliff & a can of cider, Mikkey was into the bling, as one of the UK headbangers said 'kept him in Lambourginis'...

If U're not getting any younger and U need loot to fund Ur lifestyle and Ur band 'dies' , what do U do?KISS are probably the best stage show I've ever seen...but hey'd HAVE to be, their 'music' is drivel.....

When U're on tour, U want to be home after a few weeks of hotels/busses/soundchecks/ same people all day every day/border s/airports/glitches...slightly changed set every tour...but when U're at home, the 4 walls drive U nuts!!!Simmons 'popped up' on a recent documentary about RITCHIE BLACKMORE???LOL!!, so he's keeping his profile high...but needs to tour, as does Mikkey....who'll be the axeman?

Queen didn't die with Freddie...........!!

Well I'm sure Lemmy's son Paul or his partner Cheryl would have to approve of anything Motorhead related.. Like I said Motorhead died with Lemmy, leave it be and just remember the awesome 40 year career they had..

There are so few actual BANDS left..and what there is is some girlzone/one erection soundalike 'engineered' by the likes of Cowell....great to see the 'rise' of bands again,who's gigs U could go to in a pub!!

Bring back the High Stool in Limerick..............please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

Amfyoyo wrote: »
    There are so few actual BANDS left..and what there is is some girlzone/one erection soundalike 'engineered' by the likes of Cowell....great to see the 'rise' of bands again,who's gigs U could go to in a pub!!

Bring back the High Stool in Limerick..............please!

Thats the best part about small gigs I think, they are far better craic than anything you would get in the likes of 3Arena etc, I'd take a couple hundred over a thousand any day

Advertisement