Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned and infracted in motors

Options
  • 24-11-2013 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭

The mod Limerick man has seen fit to infract me and ban me after an issue when a banned user was named.

I asked a simple question, I've pm'd it multiple times also, and still have no answer. If people are going to be infracted and banned can someone please tell me if it is against the charter to ever mention or discuss a banned user.

Also I feel the infractions and banning are wholly over the top. I merely comment the ex user was selling there car and then asked if it was against the charter it ever mention a banned user. I asked a second time on thread after the mod refused to answer multiple requests over pm.

If the mod is refusing on and off thread to answer the question how can users avoid getting infractions and bannings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,696 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi ba_barabus,

Limerick_Man had clearly given an instruction not to discuss the banned user in question.

You then posted again about this issue. Regardless of whether you were querying the decision or not, you shouldn't have posted about it on the thread, and should have PM'ed the mod directly.

Limerick_Man gave you a warning for questioning a mod's instruction on-thread. You then did the same thing and again questioned the mod's instruction on the thread. So a one-day ban was issued.

I feel the ban was justified for twice ignoring the moderator's instruction. You may ask for an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Penn I did PM the mod in question at the time and multiple times after.

All fair requests for clarity were ignored.

I didn't post again about 'the user in question', there is more than one banned or closed account and I was asking for clarity if nobody was to mention them. I note other posts about it haven't been deleted and no infractions were given to them.

It's also not referred to as being against the charter so I'm at a loss to understand what rule I've broken.

As the mod instructions weren't in bold, as seems to be normal procedure, I didn't take it as an official warning.

If there is no official procedure and differentiation between a mod posting a mod instruction or posting as a normal user then how are users supposed to know who and in what capacity the post is meant.

I feel I've fallen foul of no clear rule and procedure. It's not my fault so I very much feel the banning and infractions were over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'd like an admin to investigate this.

I pm'd the mod in question at the time and they refused to clarify the situation.

I didn't continue to talk about the person I asked if it was ok or not to mention the name of any banned member as there is nothing in the charter to say it isn't.

I followed correct protocol and pm'd the mod in question and continued to be TLAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ban upheld.

I've read the posts in question, and while you can try and dance around it with sematics, it's perfectly clear what you were up to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement