Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Christmas gifts to kids in Ireland

Options
  • 24-11-2013 6:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Been in Australia for two years and for the first time, we are organising presents for nieces and nephews back home. Between both of us we have about 10 altogether, mix of girls and boys. Has anyone got any suggestions for sending stuff home that won't cost a fortune in postage?

I usually buy things online and get sent direct so thinking that might be a good idea, but I wanted to try and get something different to the ususal bits and pieces we would get in Smyths. We got some cool Aussie things last year in the local shops but it all costs way too much to post.

There will be a couple that we can get iTunes vouchers emailed so that will be easy but the little ones aged 2-7 are harder.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

They will have to pay Customs / import duty on any goods sent to Ireland so i would not bother posting anything to Ireland. You will pay and then they will have to pay to receive it. Will the 2 - 7 year old really know? Can you get vouchers to buy off amazon for the others. Anything over £20 is free delivery to Ireland. OR a lot can qualify for free delivery. Itunes limits them a bit i think. You could buy from Amazon and get it gift wrapped an sent to family in Ireland who can then put a card from u and stick it under a tree. Enjoy the Sun.........its freezing here..............heading to Sunshine coast in March ourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Would you not try amazon.co.uk for gifts. Postage will be free and the prices are good. You might find some Australian toys on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

Postage is just too high from here!

You could try bookdepository or amazon and search for Australian authors such as Mem Fox (where is The Green Sheep is a popular one) or Jackie French (Josephine wants to dance, Peter the Sheep). There are also books such as Aussie Jingle Bells or Six White Boomers that are Australian versions of well known Christmas songs. We've sent these as gifts before, have CDs with them too.

For toys a little different to the standard try mimitoys.ie. Or try notonthehighstreet.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 madmonkqld

Thanks guys, some great ideas there. I know the younger kids won't really know and they get heaps of toys anyway, but its just a small gesture because we won't be seeing them, we are quite close to all our nieces and nephews

Will definitely try amazon and the book one. I have gotten stuff from mimi toys before and I love their toys so that might be a good one too.

Yes skippy2 enjoying the sun although the humidity is a lot to bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bartsimpson911

amazon is the best for that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement