Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 property tax

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I paid the 2013 property tax by direct debit, haven't heard anything from the revenue about the 2014 one. Do I have to do anything or will the direct debit just continue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,628 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I thought everyone got a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

I haven't heard a thing from them. I'll have to give them a ring tomorrow then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

If you paid by direct debit they assumed you would continue in that manner. You won't get a letter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

irishguy wrote: »
    I paid the 2013 property tax by direct debit, haven't heard anything from the revenue about the 2014 one. Do I have to do anything or will the direct debit just continue?

You've a direct debit setup- it continues until 2016- when you will reappraise the property value, and specify a new payment method (if you so choose).

If you paid by direct debit they assumed you would continue in that manner. You won't get a letter.

Thanks that's what I was assuming. Feckin papers telling me the deadline is next week!

• Advertisement

Thanks that's what I was assuming. Feckin papers telling me the deadline is next week!

Those who wanted to tell Revenue in writing how they proposed to pay the local property tax- originally had until the 7th of November to do so. This deadline was extended by a week to the 14th of November.

For those who decided to do it online- the original deadline of the 27th of November was not altered, and continues to stand. Aka- if you intend to do it online- you have until noon on Wednesday to do so.

Seriously recommend you get it done today or tomorrow- computer systems have a nasty habit of getting swamped when you leave things to the final day.........

But as I paid by dd this year I don't have to contact them right? They never bothered contacting me about it

We are not writing to you if you paid your 2013 LPT by phased payment method (direct debit or deduction at source from your salary, occupational pension or certain Government payments) or if you opted to defer the full liability. These options will be rolled over into 2014.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/lpt-obligations-2014.html

I don't have to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Thank you so much for posting this.....am in the same boat as you. In a panic, went onto revenue website (not because I am so organised, but would HATE paying a penny more!). I have no 'Unique Property Number' or 'PIN' either, so couldn't log on.:mad:

It's really not clear on the website - us gormless just continue as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

I paid the 2013 charge by credit card, but haven't received a letter for 2014.

Rang the lpt number waited half an hour, they said would need to check with head office but their lines were too busy and to email them instead.

Emailed them last Tuesday and haven't received any response.

Great service !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Jasper79 wrote: »
    I paid the 2013 charge by credit card, but haven't received a letter for 2014.

Rang the lpt number waited half an hour, they said would need to check with head office but their lines were too busy and to email them instead.

Emailed them last Tuesday and haven't received any response.

Great service !

As long as you have the email in by today though they consider that you have made contact with them re payment and they will be in touch with you to confirm which payment in due course.

Its a shambles alright but you are okay once the mail has gone in

Final deadline extended to 5PM this Friday, the 29th of November, for electronic submissions

Advertisement