Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Eyrecourt in skyfall?

Options
  • 24-11-2013 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

I was there over the summer. It seems a lovely place but all the business has closed why? Is there no lobbying to get this place back on track? the good roads all seem to be a little too far away from Eyrecourt. There is some lovely craftmans ship on dislpay there fomr an olden time. Sad to see such a beautiful place fall apart.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

It looks like the village is suffering from being off the beaten track and probably less traffic crossing the Shannon at Banagher than in years gone by. No doubt emigration has played it's part also. That said there is an active GAA club, the vintage fair and the agri show so it's still got something going for it.

It is a lovely area and I do wonder why there isn't some sort of a tourist trail in East Galway, but when you consider most tourists to Galway come to visit Connemara/the Burren & Cliffs of Moher, it's difficult to see what would come of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There is a Hymany Way walking trail from Portumna to Ballygar but the closest it gets to Eyrecourt is Meelick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

the whole place should be restored as is as it has one hell of a character as it is. their will be future tourism in that for a fact, olde Ireland, some beautifull ordinary every day designs from when design wanted beauty and not efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Janey, with all ye're saying I might pop out for a weekend drive one of the day meself ;)

Advertisement