Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad 3 Motherboard

Options
  • 24-11-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can buy an iPad 3 motherboard from at a decent price so my 2 DD's can stop fighting over the Samsun Tablet :(

My DD dropped it and broke the screen, charger port and Motherboard. Screen and charger port are now replaced, just need to get the motherboard now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I probably would have sourced and priced all the parts before ordering, knowing full well it could cost more to repair than replace.

Considering what was paid for the tablet it would have been pretty cost effective to replace it with the 5th generation Air, much higher performance in the guts than the A5X chip. Plus there were a couple things not right with the 3rd, which is why it had such a relatively short production life. Like charging and overheating issues

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

Overheal wrote: »
    I probably would have sourced and priced all the parts before ordering, knowing full well it could cost more to repair than replace.

Considering what was paid for the tablet it would have been pretty cost effective to replace it with the 5th generation Air, much higher performance in the guts than the A5X chip. Plus there were a couple things not right with the 3rd, which is why it had such a relatively short production life. Like charging and overheating issues

At the time we only thought it was the screen, screen was replaced and all worked well until the charger lead was plugged in and charged over night, what we didn't realise was that somehow 2 pins inside the charger port were bent and shorted the motherboard.
    I only paid €90 to get the screen replaced, the guy fixing it has the charger port replaced for €20, it's just the motherboard now.
    After already paying out €90 for the screen I wasn't just going to give up on it, it's for my daughter so wasn't going to fork out a fortune for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

eBay is probably your best bet, Apple try to stop any shops from selling the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

GarIT wrote: »
    eBay is probably your best bet, Apple try to stop any shops from selling the parts.

Yeah that's where I've been looking, nothing at the right price yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

AntDub wrote: »
    Yeah that's where I've been looking, nothing at the right price yet though.

You won't get them cheaper than eBay I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Overheal wrote: »

seems like the Air is priced cheaper than the Ipad4.

Best bet for motherboard might be adverts etc for one with a broken screen

Advertisement