Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worn brake disc causing brake to bind?

• 24-11-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

My single disc up front is worn in the middle by about 25% of its width.
    The brake started binding so I disassembled the caliper completely, cleaned and greased up all the sliding pins with copper grease and reassembled and bled the system.
    Its still binding slightly so am wondering if the worn disc could cause this.
    Anybody have this experience before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Did you check the pistons for corrosion?.. It might be a case that the worn disc is causing the pistons to push further out and any corrosion may be preventing them returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Did you check the pistons for corrosion?.. It might be a case that the worn disc is causing the pistons to push further out and any corrosion may be preventing them returning.

Sure did. The pistons were removed, cleaned and all seals intact and the pistons push out and return as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I'd be replacing a disc that was 25% worn and move on from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

RustyNut wrote: »
    I'd be replacing a disc that was 25% worn and move on from there.

There ya go OP and they're really not that expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Breakers will often have perfect discs ready to go for a fraction of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Take the M/C apart too...might be sticking...

Advertisement