Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Dots

Options
  • 24-11-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/racedots

Have no connection with the product or campaign, but what do people think about using magnets to hold race numbers in place, or anything like this on the market?

personally I would be concerned of them getting knocked off and losing them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Sounds like an expensive gadget to solve a problem which doesnt really exist.

Safety pins work fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

huskerdu wrote: »
    Sounds like an expensive gadget to solve a problem which doesnt really exist.

Safety pins work fine for me.

Yeah tbh, I have never had the problems that the creator describes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Only had this discussion during the week. Was at a race nearly 4 years ago in Spain which had these (not magnetic though you just clipped the two pieces together through your top)

Was a fantastic idea as my club singlet has a few puncture wounds over the years (refuse to give up the old design of the single and buy one of the newer club ones) but I don't think there is a market for this unless you can convince race directors to buy instead of the more cost effective safety pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

If you put them on your ear lobes they make you 10% faster - Fact!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/racedots

Have no connection with the product or campaign, but what do people think about using magnets to hold race numbers in place, or anything like this on the market?

personally I would be concerned of them getting knocked off and losing them.

Race belt works fine & carries a couple of gels too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dcorcaigh

I use them (not that exact brand but something similar) all the time now for races as I was sick of making holes in my “lucky” running tops!! I quiet like them but I find they can be annoying to put on when my running top is on, so I just put the magnets on now on a flat surface. I have been using them now for the past 6 months and i havnt lost them yet.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I use stick on velcro dots sometimes, which do a similar job..

Advertisement