Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic crazy heading to Newry yet ????

Options
  • 24-11-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if the Christmas shopping has started yet, I have an appointment in Newry next Sat morning so I'd like to know what to expect, should I factor in an extra hour for the queue into Newry or have those days gone ?????...............:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Don't know if saturdays would be different , but we went up friday morning and it was grand. Journey time was same as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not at all! Sure it's hardly worth going to Newry for bargains any more. Was up for an item we could not get at home yesterday and it was quiet enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Thanks for that, I was a bit worried but it looks like if I just give myself a bit of extra time just in case I should be fine. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Was up there yesterday morning (got some prescription meds for £37 that cost over 100 euro down here)
    Anyway, traffic was very light.
    Usual queue for The Quays at the bottom of the hill and that was it.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

furiousox wrote: »
    Was up there yesterday morning (got some prescription meds for £37 that cost over 100 euro down here)
    Anyway, traffic was very light.
    Usual queue for The Quays at the bottom of the hill and that was it.

If you have a prescription from a doctor in Louth, are you able to buy the meds in Newry with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mr_staggerlee

If you have a prescription from a doctor in Louth, are you able to buy the meds in Newry with it?

yes and again shows how much we are being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Absolutely.
    Check the price in your local pharmacy then ring the pharmacy in the quays sc for comparison.

CPL 593H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

furiousox wrote: »
    Absolutely.
    Check the price in your local pharmacy then ring the pharmacy in the quays sc for comparison.

AFAIK The Pharmacy on Monaghan Street, beside the Friar Tucks is cheaper than Quays

Advertisement