Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens Install some advice please.

Options
  • 24-11-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Dear All,

I am looking in to install Symens panel (after reading the full thread as it seems to be superior and cheaper) ; mine is a 3 bed semi detached house with out attic. I would like to know is it cheaper to buy the instrument myself and pass it to some one to fix it ? The house is a new house which has wired zones in doors and windows and wish to add wireless in other areas.

Since i am new ; could any one recommend few companies could supply and fit the equipment or can request for quotes for my requirements in south dublin.

(on a seperate note : is there any advantage of having CCTV installed together with home alarms ; any devices exists as DVR and control pane to control all ? (might be a stupid question)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As this is more of a general query I have separated it from the comparison thread.

Obviously getting a licensed installer to install this would be more expensive than installing yourself.
    Take a look at the installers and suppliers sticky. It lists some companies. There is also a link to the PSA register of licenced installers.
    The Siemens system does allow the addition of some makes of IP cameras.Images from these are viewable on the SPC Anywhere app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

superior and cheaper

What makes you think that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aghbren

self installed a siemens 4300 panel and am quite happy with it, the only problem i have is the panel seems vulnerable to lightning strike but that may be due to my installation, i was wondering if theres any way to stop this actually. i think its coming from the bell box, one panel was completely killed earlier this year but it was the worst lightning in years but a more recent storm done some damage also, Is this just bad luck or can i do something to insulate panel, sorry to go off topic. please pm me for any details of install, where i purchased etc as can't mention names here.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Suppression on the mains and the phoneline if there's a land line connected to the system.
    I think you have been very unfortunate to be honest.

Advertisement