Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=575439309236369&id=249305041849799

One of those pictures you look at and go yip, I wanna do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

That is one for the next e-learning course as an example of good PR!

No! Love it, great to see everyone coming together!

Heres a higher res of that pic you posted btw !

BnR2MPtIYAA0oIl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Is that a real police officer? Don't think so..... Uniform and belt doesn't look right

The singing one you mean or the motorbike one? Motor bike is genuine, from a PSNI Facebook page. Not sure about singing one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Oh aye bike is real. Saw another bike cop do that myself today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

One singing isnt real we've had him in work at a wedding pretending to arrest a wedding guest then he starts singing

Yeah looked at it properly, singing one deffo a pretend, group called camouflage do stunts like that I think

• Advertisement

Yep it isn't a real peeler, though it looks very real to the untrained eye. The lack of a Glock 17 was a giveaway :p

As .S. mentioned, it's a group called Cameoflage, there's a full length video up on their FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

I figured it wasn't a real psni officer when nobody was hurling projectiles at him. That's the main giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Dekkers wrote: »
    I figured it wasn't a real psni officer when nobody was hurling projectiles at him. That's the main giveaway.

Lol Dekkers. Yeah, i agree buddy.

Hows #recruitment2014 going??

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Lol Dekkers. Yeah, i agree buddy.

Hows #recruitment2014 going??

Even the comments on the bike pic were begrudging and cynical. Some people only want to complain.

As for Recruitment 2014 am still hoping I won't have anything to do with it ha

So now that we know there's 727 is it time to do a roll call to see how many are on here? :)

I thought it was 727 that passed ac, ie some have already progressed? I'm in delay batch with no word yet but I don't like putting up specific scores etc on here (I never put my details on the list thread) I think that's why roll call type things aren't too accurate on here maybe

Sorry just seen your comments on other thread. Still don't know if we'd get an accurate roll call on here though, think (as usual) we might be best just waiting for news

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Very quiet on here today, take it there's no news of anyone still waiting receiving a PCA date or vetting forms?

More Garnerville rumours!

I heard there was only one big toilet and they make you all go at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Dekkers wrote: »
    More Garnerville rumours!

I heard there was only one big toilet and they make you all go at the same time.

True I've seen it at induction... Class Craic it is. Brings the team a closer (literally) and builds team morale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Jb12345 wrote: »
    True I've seen it at induction... Class Craic it is. Brings the team a closer (literally) and builds team morale.

wouldn't fancy striking a match if everyone had a communal dump haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

As long as you guys can aim right, that would be my concern lol

I see 1 of the venues of the information sessions has been attacked. They haven't necessarily attributed to PSNI recruitment but considering the same venue is due to host another event next week it seems like too much of a coincidence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27631542

Seen that on Facebook this morning!!! Wonder if people will catch on and be put off applying.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Seen that on Facebook this morning!!! Wonder if people will catch on and be put off applying.

Hope not. There wouldn't be a great number applying from there in any case. Probably why they have 2 information sessions.

Speaking to an "in house friend" lol I asked if it was to happen at the others or is it just the city being it's usual self. He agreed with me, thinks it's a one off but will be interesting. Marine hotel Ballycastle this Monday :-/

No harm in us being vigilant though. Good practice lol

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Hopefully a one off .. Cud have turned out ALOT worse last night but thankfully it didnt!!

• Advertisement

BBC 2 - 2100hrs
    Police Under Pressure
    First of a two-part examination of the state of policing in Britain as forces around the nation try to cope with the biggest cuts to their budgets in modern times. With access to both officers on the ground and the most senior ranks, this film follows a neighbourhood police team in one of Sheffield's toughest areas as they try to maintain order while dealing with dwindling resources.

Advertisement