Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mahoney1

how many do you guys and gals think are put through to hotel gv so far? out of 3 intakes would it be 120-150?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

mahoney1 wrote: »
    how many do you guys and gals think are put through to hotel gv so far? out of 3 intakes would it be 120-150?

Only thing known for fact is 1st squad is 39. Rumoured that following squads are fewer so I'd say 120 max so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

120ish was the top estimate we've come up with so far, there were 40 first group, 30ish the second and around 40 again the third so not near 150 yet! There's still plenty of space for those of us out here waiting! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Think the last squad was about 20/25 ...

Dekkers wrote: »
    Only thing known for fact is 1st squad is 39. Rumoured that following squads are fewer so I'd say 120 max so far.

Too quick on the draw for me Dekkers haha

• Advertisement

yeah that's good, plenty of room for a wee one then ha ha

LG1985 wrote: »
    Think the last squad was about 20/25 ...

I asked in their offical intake thread about numbers but nobody seemed to have noticed me asking lol if that's true I wonder why it was so small?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

How many are waiting on start date then, thats the next Q to ask! :o

Too quick on the draw for me Dekkers haha

Lol I hate that when someone responds while your writing a message. Grinds my gears...

Edit: at least we came out with same figure!

I asked in their offical intake thread about numbers but nobody seemed to have noticed me asking lol if that's true I wonder why it was so small?

I could be wrong but think im pretty much on the ball with that .. Theres alot fewer in GV in total than what i thought to be honest!

• Advertisement

Lol once they get ' the call' they don't give a fcuk and you don't see them for dust!

why would they worry about us minions haha, they're prob not allowed to divulge such info. we'll be in the same position at some stage,

Lol I hate that when someone responds while your writing a message. Grinds my gears...

Edit: at least we came out with same figure!

We're on the ball mate! That's some fine police work ;) haha
    LG1985 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but think im pretty much on the ball with that .. Theres alot fewer in GV in total than what i thought to be honest!

Oh no I'm not doubting you or anything! It really did seem at the time to be a small group of people considering we had 20ish on here waiting for calls and only 6-8 got them! It just seems a bit different because if you read past threads it seems like nearer to 50 went into GV each time.

How many are waiting on start date then, thats the next Q to ask! :o

This is the list I put together as of two weeks ago, I don't know if there have been any medicals in the interim but no one has really said they've passed everything and are just waiting now (that I've noticed lol).

active_edge
    BarnesLeBeau
    Chicken82
    Clanman889
    Dutch_Rudder
    JayC90
    Mop a top
    nodrogs11
    pcplod
    Prenty
    sdcharger
    Sgtmort
    THFC1882
    Tommy Gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I should have said, including batches like dekkers group.

Just passed PCA or medical or awaiting medical etc if you stand under me ? :P

I could be wrong tho .. It does seem alot less than usual but who knows the circumstances .. Unless people pulled out last minute maybe?

why would they worry about us minions haha, they're prob not allowed to divulge such info. we'll be in the same position at some stage,

Lol I know. Theyre prob sworn off social media etc

I should have said, including batches like dekkers group.

Just passed PCA or medical or awaiting medical etc if you stand under me ? :P

Haha you can go jump if you think I'm gonna be the one to put that list together! :P it's too confusing now with the new campaign! Good luck to you if you give it a go lol

Haha you can go jump if you think I'm gonna be the one to put that list together! :P it's too confusing now with the new campaign! Good luck to you if you give it a go lol

I'm not doing it either but not that many have said they passed pcas last week. They'll delurk in their own time :)

ha ha well then let me be the first to "delurk".( I like that) I passed pca last week :)

ha ha well then let me be the first to "delurk".( I like that) I passed pca last week :)

Lol well I kinda figured that one out already but well done again ha

Also you joined boards in 2010 lol I'm closer to a lurker than you are!

• Advertisement

ah great work detective dekkers. yeah I just find it easier snooping in with out logging in every time. never had anything constructive to say so I've said nothing. yes I've been here a while checking every day and yes I have read every single post on this site more than once. bored much? haha got to vetting last time 2010 then froze out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Missed that post, there were less than 40 at the induction. I'd say all in all the number is currently around 100 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

Lol once they get ' the call' they don't give a fcuk and you don't see them for dust!

It's not that :)

I can only speak for myself here, but there's a lot on my mind and a lot of things to do. We have been strongly encouraged to help each other and the squads which come after us, but you will know yourself you are not at any stage supposed to release details of dates. In my mind I'd rather not go into any specific details as I'd rather err on the side of caution.

It was great to finally speak to the others in the squad, bunch of great people.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Have to agree with Choobs... and now Im trying to work out who you were Choobs haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I was busy trying to work out who people might be!! I doubt I'll be back on here much one I start, I literally don't imagine I'll have time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

You should get name stickers lol

Ha I was only taking the hand. I imagine if I get the call I'll be too busy trying not to choke on my own heart to be on boards. Glad induction went well for you people! Hope nobody failed it :)

I also thought everyone at my pca was great. The confident ones were v supportive of the nervous ones and all chatty and friendly. As they should be but was great to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I was going to say something and take the piss but after the extra curricular activities convos on here a while ago I think I'll behave myself and say nothing :D

Coppers on shortly. Public order (I think) so PSNI relevant. Always worth a watch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Coppers on shortly. Public order (I think) so PSNI relevant. Always worth a watch!

Set up to record!! One from the riots in 2011 I think

Advertisement