Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Beyond ridiculous!!!! Troll I think. You excited yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

I handed my notice in and was really nervous but now I can't wait! I am a bit curious as to how many there will be. Though I'll be keeping an eye out to see when you start mop :)

Think I'm getting a dear john. Guys from 4 had the same scores as me, ones with lower scores on here are being asked for more info. Something's just not sitting right with me and I just don't have a good feeling about this anymore. Still hoping I get the call but I think nearly all hope has went out the door :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Also known as Road Patrol NI to the veteran viewers! :D

http://youtu.be/aDxcnOrWF9o?t=40s

The man who gave the wrong date of birth and had no ID was funny. he was on camera from the beginning, so doesnt he know the game is up anyway ? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Sgtmort wrote: »
    I handed my notice in and was really nervous but now I can't wait! I am a bit curious as to how many there will be. Though I'll be keeping an eye out to see when you start mop :)

I'm curious to see the size of our intake as well! They've all been small so far so I wonder will be buck the trend lol

• Advertisement

I assume there is no point ringing up mop? Would they be able to give you any info?

hey guys . Can anybody shed any light onto how long shifts are dealt with ? If they are at erratic unpredictable times, ones body clock needs time to adjust doesnt it ? Otherwise you end up with insomnia at inconvenient times and don't get the proper sleep for the next shift etc

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

popolive wrote: »
    hey guys . Can anybody shed any light onto how long shifts are dealt with ? If they are at erratic unpredictable times, ones body clock needs time to adjust doesnt it ? Otherwise you end up with insomnia at inconvenient times and don't get the proper sleep for the next shift etc

There is an early .. 7am or 8am - 5pm or 6pm

Late 2pm or 3pm til 11pm or midnight

Late plus .. 5pm til 3am

Night .. Either 10pm or 11pm start til 7am or 8am

Sgtmort wrote: »
    I assume there is no point ringing up mop? Would they be able to give you any info?

Been told by HR they can't put me through to them. Suppose I could email them but don't know if there's much point really

popolive wrote: »

The above shift pattern is right but I've been told it's pretty much 12h days. One of my friends was on day 12 last time I was speaking to him since they're quite short staffed.

• Advertisement

Mop a top wrote: »
    The above shift pattern is right but I've been told it's pretty much 12h days. One of my friends was on day 12 last time I was speaking to him since they're quite short staffed.

Do they get much sleep before and during dangerous situations like riots etc or during marching season ? I guess the onus is on the officer to get enough sleep before they turn up , and to take proper steps in care of their own health. I can keep going for more than 12 hours indefinitely but only if I have 8 hours sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I'm curious to see the size of our intake as well! They've all been small so far so I wonder will be buck the trend lol

I was beginning to wonder as well. What we thinking?? 30 maybe? U guys excited?

Can't wait! Only thing I'm a bit funny about is I'll be staying in the local area rather than go home and back again and as I don't drive and didnt want to get a taxi I don't want to stand out walking out and in etc :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Anyone from the Belfast Area that can PM me, have a good mate moving to Belfast from the Republic and want's to know an honest opinion of the Beechmount area there?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I take it he's not a police officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Nope ! :)

Thanks for all the help everyone, overwhelmed here with all of your help. *

*This is a lie. ha

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

He'll be fine then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Anyone know how many potential jobs there are in 1405 campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Timetravel wrote: »
    Anyone know how many potential jobs there are in 1405 campaign?

378, TT. Read that today just. :)

Cheers dekkers, trying not to speculate too much about numbers but like to have an idea lol

It's hard not to think about what the chances are!

Ps: where did you read that if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

Cheers dekkers, trying not to speculate too much about numbers but like to have an idea lol

It's hard not to think about what the chances are!

Ps: where did you read that if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29064243

No probs. Always nice to have some sort of light in the dark ha.

Just near the pic of recruits in that article it says 378 :)

Favourite part of that article: "There has been speculation that the PSNI may have to stop or substantially reduce its current recruitment process.

Mr Hamilton made it clear that this would be "the absolute last option"."

Second favourite part of that article: "It recruited 100 new officers last year, and plans to recruit a further 378 this financial year and the same number the following year."

Favourite part of that article: "There has been speculation that the PSNI may have to stop or substantially reduce its current recruitment process.

Mr Hamilton made it clear that this would be "the absolute last option"."

Second favourite part of that article: "It recruited 100 new officers last year, and plans to recruit a further 378 this financial year and the same number the following year."

Yep. It also says theyre losing 200 officers a year. Recruitment should be fairly routine now, even at 378 a year its barely plugging the hole. It seems money has been ring fenced for recruitment with most of the cuts coming HET's way.

Fantastic to hear himself point this out and affirm that the priority is the present and not the past.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Yep. It also says theyre losing 200 officers a year. Recruitment should be fairly routine now, even at 378 a year its barely plugging the hole. It seems money has been ring fenced for recruitment with most of the cuts coming HET's way.

Fantastic to hear himself point this out and affirm that the priority is the present and not the past.

Yeah hopefully he doesn't go back on his word now! It'll make it easier when i get the better luck next time email after AC! Lol

On a side note theres a lot of names that were floating about here before recruitment opened for 1309 that have disappeared!

Yeah hopefully he doesn't go back on his word now! It'll make it easier when i get the better luck next time email after AC! Lol

On a side note theres a lot of names that were floating about here before recruitment opened for 1309 that have disappeared!

Yeah there is lol been v quiet the past few months! Think a lot who were unsuccessful in 2013 will be taking a more relaxed view on 2014 recruitment so wont be so active this time, id say. Quite a few who get in close their accounts too!

Yeah there is lol been v quiet the past few months! Think a lot who were unsuccessful in 2013 will be taking a more relaxed view on 2014 recruitment so wont be so active this time, id say. Quite a few who get in close their accounts too!

I was trying to stay away too lol it's addictive! I don't really mind spending a bit of time on here during the waiting and results periods but I'll take some time out before the AC.

Should try and keep this thread alive too as it stops all the rubbish posts in the other ones!

I was trying to stay away too lol it's addictive! I don't really mind spending a bit of time on here during the waiting and results periods but I'll take some time out before the AC.

Should try and keep this thread alive too as it stops all the rubbish posts in the other ones!

Lol I know. I'll probably be leaving myself soon for exactly that reason. Its torture being on here at times lol.

Did you get to AC last time?

Lol I know. I'll probably be leaving myself soon for exactly that reason. Its torture being on here at times lol.

Did you get to AC last time?

Are you in both campaigns? I failed IST by one point last time so missed out!

Are you in both campaigns? I failed IST by one point last time so missed out!

I am yeah. Scored 60 in IST this time. Awaiting call for 2013 atm so hopefully wont need to go to that AC ha.

Tough luck. Mustve been tough. Least youre back stronger this time :)

• Advertisement

I am yeah. Scored 60 in IST this time. Awaiting call for 2013 atm so hopefully wont need to go to that AC ha.

Tough luck. Mustve been tough. Least youre back stronger this time :)

That's good! You couldn't really be in a better position lol when you get that far do you know where abouts your at on the merit list or are you kept in the dark?

You were taking no chances with the IST hi, 60 is some score! lol I managed to get 57 and though I was doing well haha

Advertisement