Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Glad alls going well Wanadrum, been wondering how you've been getting on!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭valor rorghulis

Supposedly the UK economy is booming to the extent the EU are asking them to contribute an extra 2billion to EU funding

So anyone any thoughts on why the PSNI are being forced to make cuts to the the service, as described by the chief constable as to make it "unrecognisable"?

http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29881062

No surprises there... Desert creat most likely not going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

.S. wrote: »
    http://m.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29881062

No surprises there... Desert creat most likely not going ahead

Saw that. I can't believe they thought it would be ready for 2008!!

Fantastic idea but it seems internal politics got involved. Everyone wanted but no one wanted to pay for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Homer01 wrote: »
    Saw that. I can't believe they thought it would be ready for 2008!!

Fantastic idea but it seems internal politics got involved. Everyone wanted but no one wanted to pay for it :(

The Prison service don't really do enough training to warrant it

The fire service don't want to be associated with psni or nips as they don't want to become targets

Such a waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Does anyone know of someone with an AC score in the low 60s getting into Hotel GV?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Does anyone know of someone with an AC score in the low 60s getting into Hotel GV?

65's and 64's are in intake 8

As far as I know the rest of the low 60's have all completed the pca and are doing the medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I'm still in campaign one with a low 60. Without divulging the exact score, it's a couple or so below 64. Completed all the last stages this month.

Chances all depend on rates of attrition (non-attendance, withdrawl or fail) of those in front of you through the final stages. The attrition rate in campaign one was apparently around 50% - that was a figure from someone in HR and not just speculation. Batches are phased through the final stages until the maximum number of appointments have been made. Therefore, it depends on the candidates in front of you as to whether you'll fall into the appointable band.

Trying to be tactful with the above. All I can say is that I've been there and still am, so don't feel too disheartened. I received AC results last campaign in March and only received vetting forms in September. It can take some time if you're further down the list, but youll get used to it in this process!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Lots of politics being played on the hill, in Westminster and by the CC about numbers and recruitment etc. We will all just have to wait and see what happens. The reality is we do not have the numbers required to police our streets in an effective manner, the rate of attrition is higher than those officers we are recruiting at the moment and the dissident republican threat is on the up. We are not in 'Peace time' Northern Ireland. A deeply divided society.... we NEED a stable, healthy police force.

Did I read that there is an announcement by the Chief Constable tomorrow? I' e tried to find where it was written, but either I can't see it or that wasn't said at all!

• Advertisement

It was mentioned by a couple of people. But only hearsay, we'll find out tomorrow!

On a completely different note... Who watched The Fall? Some show!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 200WattWarlock

What does the ac involve. Is is an interview based assessment or role play assessment? Its kinda funny actually because garda recruitment is starting to come back again. All the staff in templemore have been transferred back and there are going to be more intakes in 2015! I might not have to move up at all!

It's both. Having never done anything like it I was like a rabbit in the headlights at the start. You think it's going to be a long day, but at the end you just wish you had a bit more time.

It was mentioned by a couple of people. But only hearsay, we'll find out tomorrow!

On a completely different note... Who watched The Fall? Some show!

NO NO, no one reply yet! I have to wait until tomorrow to watch it! :o

It's worth the watch alright!

Getting it watched now.

I've not even started series 2 yet

Too busy finishing sons of anarchy, love hate and now I'm on the newsroom

I've only seen the last 5 or so episodes, and got hooked. Wanna get organised and watch it from the start now! I watch Rookie Blue when it's on too, plenty of cheesy police drama there =D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

I've only seen the last 5 or so episodes, and got hooked. Wanna get organised and watch it from the start now! I watch Rookie Blue when it's on too, plenty of cheesy police drama there =D

I watch Rookie Blue too lol. Team Mcswarek?

Also loved the fall brilliant show!!

Deffo Team McSwarek! Miss that show so much when it's between seasons (like now!) it's my wee weekly police fix lol. Not at all like what we'd deal with in PSNI if/when we get in but I still love it!

Deffo Team McSwarek! Miss that show so much when it's between seasons (like now!) it's my wee weekly police fix lol. Not at all like what we'd deal with in PSNI if/when we get in but I still love it!

I love it too lol. I know hate when it's between seasons too wish universal would show repeats so I can get my fix.

• Advertisement

Just seen the last episode of The Fall, what an ending. Definately left open for a third series if they want to.

I haven't heard of Rookie Blue.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Just seen the last episode of The Fall, what an ending. Definately left open for a third series if they want to.

I haven't heard of Rookie Blue.

It's good.... it's a Canadian based cop show that is shown in the US during summer it's really good. Universal channel show it in the UK too.

It's good.... it's a Canadian based cop show that is shown in the US during summer it's really good. Universal channel show it in the UK too.

Must look out for it

I like blue bloods, nypd show

Not heard of that one, what channels it on?

Not heard of that one, what channels it on?

Sky Atlantic

Decent show with tom sellick and donnie wahlberg

Wil look out for it. You may make the most of your down time before you start GV pb =)

Wil look out for it. You may make the most of your down time before you start GV pb =)

That's it, blast through as many of my series in the next 4 weeks as possible

Got the newsroom to finish and Marco polo on Netflix to start

Think game of thrones will be my one treat a week while I'm in gv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Speaking to a mate who's sibling just passed out on Friday that's the 37 of intake 3 passed out the lucky sods lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Means my boardie mates Fenners and Dutch will be next to pass out. Miss the banter on here with them. Hope they're doing well and enjoying it. Trying to think positively about this rather than dwell on the should haves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Always look forward Mop :) kill the pca as you did before and your home! :)

Advertisement