Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Yayy hope we can hold onto it for the rest of the season! Best start in, what, 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

It'll not last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Yayy hope we can hold onto it for the rest of the season! Best start in, what, 5 years?

I just hope we can hold onto it for the rest of this year lol. Tricky fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Haha and why's that?! -_-

Not the people on this thread, "yousuns" are all sound! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MissWillow12

Hello Everyone Logged into the forum just to see how you all were getting on and WOW things have got interesting lol what happened lol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭J.0

Hello Everyone Logged into the forum just to see how you all were getting on and WOW things have got interesting lol what happened lol?

Apparently some of the potential future recruits have had a distinct sense of humour failure and are not interested in general banter. Should they succeed in getting to GV I'd suggest a trip to the quartermaster, where they can sign out a new one.

J.

J.0 wrote: »
    Apparently some of the potential future recruits have had a distinct sense of humour failure and are not interested in general banter. Should they succeed in getting to GV I'd suggest a trip to the quartermaster, where they can sign out a new one.

J.

God love them if they are successful if they cant take some friendly banter on a forum being in GV and then in their station should be interesting for them lol

Yeah, I think I'll be posting in here from now on given that any discussion that doesn't involve AC is banned and any discussion of AC is banned. Doesn't leave us with a whole lot of avenues.

Not the people on this thread, "yousuns" are all sound! :P

Cheers DC. Your :) sound too. For a bitter {insert county DesertCreat is from here} man, I mean.

:D

Dekkers wrote: »
    Cheers DC. Your :) sound too.
    You're *
    I know what you did there btw ! Not many others do.. :pac:
    Dekkers wrote: »
    For a bitter {insert county DesertCreat is from here} man, I mean.

http://imgur.com/hvLQc0J

• Advertisement

You're *
    I know what you did there btw ! Not many others do.. :pac:

http://imgur.com/hvLQc0J

hahaha aye I picked up on that.:)

And now you use 1 of my favourite TV shows to insult me. Well played good Sir.

The police force in Northern Ireland is “haemorrhaging” 17 officers every month because it is not replacing those who leave, the deputy chief constable said
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/psni-launches-survival-plan-as-it-loses-17-staff-every-month-1-5740420

• Registered Users Posts: 24 EminenceFront

The police force in Northern Ireland is “haemorrhaging” 17 officers every month because it is not replacing those who leave, the deputy chief constable said
    http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/psni-launches-survival-plan-as-it-loses-17-staff-every-month-1-5740420

I'm sure they're starting to get down to their bare minimum numbers now. Is that part about wanting to recruit 7000 correct or am I totally reading it wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I'm sure they're starting to get down to their bare minimum numbers now. Is that part about wanting to recruit 7000 correct or am I totally reading it wrong?

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/updates/updates_statistics/updates_strength_of_police_service_statistics.htm

I think it means that they need recruitment to get back to around 7,000 officers. I like these kind of stories in that it hopefully gives more leverage into securing the funding for the further 378 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 EminenceFront

Ah fair enough that would make more sense. Was starting to question my sanity for a second there. Hopefully at least a few of us would make it in if the recruitment drive was for 7000 posts ha. Yeah hopefully these articles help. When do you think they'll find out when the budget is secured for the 378? The start of the new tax year?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

The second part of that story is quite interesting too. A new way of investigating crimes and dealing more with active policing and less with the paperwork side of things wouldnt be too bad I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

The link to the number of officers as per Dec 2013....how do they have decimals points when counting people? curious to see what is considered .5 or .75 of a person

The link to the number of officers as per Dec 2013....how do they have decimals points when counting people? curious to see what is considered .5 or .75 of a person

It says "figures with decimals represent jobshares" or something along those lines IIRC

Ah I didn't scroll past the sworn members

Bomb just exploded in the Cathedral Quarter :(

• Advertisement

Hopefully injuries are none to minimal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 bigdone

For a bit of laught check out this guy he is hilarious: just go to youtube and type Gabriel Iglesias (Fluffy)

Bomb just exploded in the Cathedral Quarter :(

Yeah seen that on twitter along with people actually blaming the police for it and blaming them for allowing it to go off! The mind boggles!

Also seen on twitter that a man in Lisburn rang the police last night to report someone trying to get inside his house only to be told that they cant send any officers around because the "aren't manning that area due to levels of staffing" Shocking so it is!!

Seen that myself Willow!
    If you have a facebook page, public post searching for 'psni' often reveals some hilarious results! Give you a taster for the hatred the job pertains ! :)

Seen that myself Willow!
    If you have a facebook page, public post searching for 'psni' often reveals some hilarious results! Give you a taster for the hatred the job pertains ! :)

Anytime you public search the responses you get from people is hilarious and slightly alarming lol Doesn't matter what side it is at the moment they just cant win.

An idea for the first class outing to the cinema for those who get in ? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Firebomb outside Cornmarket, seems the boyo set himself on fire. Should make him easier to catch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-25412487

DCC Judith Gillespie is to retire in March!

Such a down to earth lady, had the pleasure of chatting with her twice at WPFG!

http://www.u.tv/News/Judith-Gillespie-to-retire-from-PSNI/3393bff9-f843-4fa1-a57e-f4da281e6a42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

DCC Judith Gillespie is to retire in March!

Such a down to earth lady, had the pleasure of chatting with her twice at WPFG!

http://www.u.tv/News/Judith-Gillespie-to-retire-from-PSNI/3393bff9-f843-4fa1-a57e-f4da281e6a42

That's a shame. The question surely has to be why now :confused:

She could have taken £500k two years ago or she could have Matt Baggott's job if she held on. Why now?

Advertisement