Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat Thread - For Those That Love Craic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Dekkers wrote: »
    It took you all day to do a few photocopies? You'll have to be a bit more productive than that at your AC lol :)

When u up bud?

Lol. Only went into the office to do it. Then started looking up ebay / gumtree.

Im up the first week of Feb. Cant wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    Lol. Only went into the office to do it. Then started looking up ebay / gumtree.

Im up the first week of Feb. Cant wait :-)

Ha fair enough. Almost there! The waiting after the AC is the hard part ha

Ha fair enough. Almost there! The waiting after the AC is the hard part ha

Well fingers crossed iv only 3 weeks to wait for results. :-)

I wonder how many they are putting through to vetting? Im sure they will need 1000 anyway!!

Well fingers crossed iv only 3 weeks to wait for results. :-)

I wonder how many they are putting through to vetting? Im sure they will need 1000 anyway!!

I've no idea. I'd say double recruitment numbers anyway so gotta be near 1000. (1 in 2ish?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Just before i sign off for the evening, theres a site called gizoogle.net where you can search for anything you want and it converts webpages into, ye could say, gangsta lingo?

The PSNI website is brill !
    Look here

You can't convert the whole site though, only main pages ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Just before i sign off for the evening, theres a site called gizoogle.net where you can search for anything you want and it converts webpages into, ye could say, gangsta lingo?

The PSNI website is brill !
    Look here

You can't convert the whole site though, only main pages ! :(

Lol great!

Just had my neknominate and my other half didnt press record!! WTF?? Lol.

Had to do a take 2!!

Anyone any experience of domestic violence?? Lol

Just had my neknominate and my other half didnt press record!! WTF?? Lol.

Had to do a take 2!!

Anyone any experience of domestic violence?? Lol

I'm only commenting to say that I have no idea what any of this is or means!

I'm only commenting to say that I have no idea what any of this is or means!

Are you on facebook? If so, search #neknominate in the search bar. Lol

Are you on facebook? If so, search #neknominate in the search bar. Lol

lol I just googled it! Takes me back to my uni days (Gravy doesn't taste good in this context) Would not reccomend!

• Advertisement

lol I just googled it! Takes me back to my uni days (Gravy doesn't taste good in this context) Would not reccomend!

Had 2 pints of magners, 2 glasses of cheap pissy wine and 2 vodka and pure orange!! FML!!!!!!!!

Had 2 pints of magners, 2 glasses of cheap pissy wine and 2 vodka and pure orange!! FML!!!!!!!!

Not bad going for a Monday evening!

Not bad going for a Monday evening!

Just enough to get me started ;-)

That neknominate sh.ite, did you do it while spinning your reproductive part in a fan like motion while downing your mix too ? ? I've never seen as many 'penes' in the space of a week in my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Soooooooooooo any plans for the weekend? did anyone have the decency to tell the folks that queued up all day yesterday for Garth Brooks tickets that they could have been bought online?:D

biker701 wrote: »
    Soooooooooooo any plans for the weekend? did anyone have the decency to tell the folks that queued up all day yesterday for Garth Brooks tickets that they could have been bought online?:D

I'm just going to enjoy the 2 days of the week on which Deloitte can't give me the chop. Assuming there's no news tomorrow :)

Also, football.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Oh my goodness, pistols at dawn in the AC thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Bob Law

Aye, I'm done posting in there. Few ones that are being provocative and frankly I don't know how they're going to handle a real life situation of pressure or ambiguity.

I'm taking tonight off training and having a few sups. No point spending time worrying about something I have no control over.

I feel there are a few people whom passed that are rubbing it in peoples faces, in my view it's not particularly fair on those who haven't got passes or dear johns yet! Just irritated me a bit.

Kill Bill 2 is on Dave, watch some sword fights and brain drain. This beer is telling me that it's a great idea.

• Advertisement

Brain Pain this morning...a 6am jog in that rain with a sore head wasn't the most craic I've had all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭CallTheCobra

Bob Law wrote: »
    Brain Pain this morning...a 6am jog in that rain with a sore head wasn't the most craic I've had all week.

A 5am run in the snow this morning wasn't much better lol

Oh lord!

I did a 5k over the weekend, took long enough but still happy to have completed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Oh lord!

I did a 5k over the weekend, took long enough but still happy to have completed it.

Nice one Mr. Law :)
    Was it a Parkrun?

Different running in race conditions than out on your own. I always feel I need to keep up lol

Nope, seen those advertised though. Just stuck runkeeper on the old phone and hit the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Oh lord!

What sort of time did it take you?

Was in the 42/43 minute mark. Did that couch to 5k style running where I was slow for some parts and faster for others, but didn't stop the whole 5k.

Quite pleased for a 20 stoner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭picture987

Was in the 42/43 minute mark. Did that couch to 5k style running where I was slow for some parts and faster for others, but didn't stop the whole 5k.

Good for you, keep it up, hear loads of people coming on leaps and bounds with that couch to 5k programme. I'm looking to go sub 19 in my next 5k but need to get the finger out and step up the training a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

AFAIK, it needs to be completed in 35 mins at G'ville, carry on with your couch to 5k programme and you'll be there in no time :)

• Advertisement

That is some pace! At my fastest (and 3 stone lighter) I was doing a mile and a half in in the 10.30/11min mark and was ruined by the end. To do double that in that speed is great going.

I'm not a runner, infact I hate running but if it's required of me I'll do it.

Advertisement