Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Design in Cork!

• 24-11-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Heya!

We are students of 2nd year in Game Design, age 25-30, and looking for others to develop games.

Believing in quality over quantity, we take our time in making beautiful project and pour our heart and souls into it. Recently we won at the Cork GameCraft, and that just fueled our determination.

Looking for other Corkonians to create either one of these games:
    - Turn based squad hex battle. Think of XCOM or Battle for Wesnoth (already in progress, version 0.3 is out and made us win)

- Deep tycoon game. Think of Theme Hospital mixed with the character personality customization depth of the Sims, with lots and lots of customization (personal pet project, still dev phase)

- Roguelike, not only heavily based on randomizing everything, but huge emphasis on items and messed-up religion (heavy dev phase)

Please note that what we seek is a collaboration, to create some nice gems to throw in our respective portfolios, so it's not a paid job, but we do want commitment. Weekly meetings and deadlines are still there.

Kind of people needed:

- Coders/scripters Experienced with Unity
    - Audio editors (music+sounds)
    - Artists (concept and final art, 2d or 3d)
    - Brainstormers

Check our website here:

http://blackrainbowstudios.wordpress.com/

For any further info, this is my portfolio, with my email at the end:

http://blackrainbowstudios.wordpress...exs-portfolio/

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Hi,

Welcome to the game dev forum. Your project looks interesting. I hope you don't mistake my intentions, and I'm by no means an expert in the area, but the name of your game is very similar to an existing one, A Valley Without Wind.

I'd be inclined to err on the side of caution in matters like these. My understanding is that a company may have legal ground to pursue a case against you if you present your game in a manner that makes it difficult to distinguish between your game and theirs. Whether they would bother is something else entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InsaneChef

Hi Kilgore, thanks for the headsup!

The title is originally in honor to the game that made the gamer I am today: Castle in the Winds ('89, windows 3.11). In any case, to play save, I'll speak with Arcen Games to make sure there ain't any issues for the naming

Positions still open, and naming issue solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Tried out Valley in the Winds yesterday. It's fun, shares some common ground with Battle for Wesnoth. Nice work. Found it a little hard to remember which symbols represented which units, and thought there wasn't enough info available in the units in-game. Are you still working on it, or have you moved on to one of the other projects you mentioned above?

I'm guessing you used a Unity Terrain for the landscape, the hex grid is drawn over it?

Thanks Kilgore!

The tiles are on their own layer, which is the engine. The terrain is purely aesthetic.

That build is months old, now it's way easier to know what is what. SOon enough I'll compile and make a proper upload :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement