Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Rehoming Site

• 24-11-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Some of you may have seen that I've posted in the rehoming thread about a family member's dog who needs a new home. I'm taking him for a while, but I have two dogs of my own and they have to come first for me so how long he can stay here depends on how well he gets on with them and how long I can cope with three dogs.

Obviously I want to get Zappa, the dog in need of a forever home, on as many sites as possible to increase his chances. The Pets Ireland forum seems to be gone and I'm not familiar with too many others. Please suggest any sites, rescues which I could contact. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

www.irishanimals.ie, Homes Needed section, has huge traffic, and has done for years.

Can I remind users not to suggest nor link to individual rescue groups, as it's against the forum charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

DBB wrote: »
    www.irishanimals.ie, Homes Needed section, has huge traffic, and has done for years.

What happened their Lost and Found section? Awfully neglected. It's my bug bear now as this site was well up there a few years ago, but not now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

anniehoo wrote: »
    What happened their Lost and Found section? Awfully neglected. It's my bug bear now as this site was well up there a few years ago, but not now.

Yes, an awful pity their Lost and Found went by the wayside, it was a fabulous, ground-breaking resource.
    I know the lady who ran these sites (lostandfound.ie and irishanimals), a truly great lady and quiet hero, became really busy in Real Life in recent years, forcing her to let some areas slide. But the Homes Needed section still works, and still gets a whole lot of traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

DBB wrote: »
    Yes, an awful pity their Lost and Found went by the wayside, it was a fabulous, ground-breaking resource.

Couldn't agree more. It was my "go to" site for a long time.
    wrote:
    I know the lady who ran these sites (lostandfound.ie and irishanimals), a truly great lady and quiet hero, became really busy in Real Life in recent years, forcing her to let some areas slide.

A majorly underutilised resource that should be sponsored and supported (remember this thread)

wrote:
    Homes Needed section still works, and still gets a whole lot of traffic.
    I don't ever look there, purely because the whole site isn't consistent, but would love to see it fully back in action again. ;)

I am OT I know sorry.

Advertisement