Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favorite thing about Christmas?

Options
  • 24-11-2013 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I haven't seen one yet so thought I might start it....

Just wondering what people love about Christmas...is it the presents....going to Christmas mass....the copious amount of food and drink that you are allowed to eat....meeting up with friends and family...decorating the house....the music and films....all the shopping or decorating the house...or is it just to relax and take it easy

There are tons more but I don't want to say everything

For me its spending time with family and friends and eating and drinking and not feeling the slightest bit guilty about it.....I also decorating the house it really gets me in the mood for the festive period. And Christmas Eve....its the best day at my house for the build up and excietment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My absolute favourite thing about Christmas is the smell of the house when the turkey is roasting. My dad makes the best stuffing at Christmas and the smell throughout the house is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Christmas Eve, kids staring out at the night sky. Wondering...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

The decorations, particularly the lights. I love when the light from the Christmas tree is the only light in the room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Oh God, all of it! Absolutely everything! Christmas cheer, Santy, the time to take stock and be thankful, delicious food, lots of bubbly and wine and hot port, celebrating with my lovely family and friends, eating delicious food and overindulging, the sparkly lights and decorations, the anticipation, the delicious food, the giving and receiving of gifts, Christmas movies on TV, board games with a big group of us, the delicious food, being toasty inside by the fire, watching my ikkle nephew open his Santy gifts.....did I mention the delicious food???!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I love everything about Christmas. So trying to pick one favorite thing is really hard. I love the smell of Christmas, that lovely smell that is food cooking, mulled wine, hot fresh bread and cinnamon candles. Love the lights in town, the shop windows, The fantastic food and lingering over drinks, meeting up with friends, family, getting to spend Q time with my lovely hubby, reading book after book over the Christmas holidays,, the juicy Satsumas that are in season. Of course the presents.. everyone loves to get a present but that is just a small part of it.

Now to my very favorite thing... Lunch in a lovely pub on Christmas eve with my husband and a another couple. We have done this every year for the last 10 years. We exchange gifts, have a lovely lunch and a couple of glasses of red, Relax for about 2 hours over it and then head off. Us to have a final look around town and to meet another couple for coffee in a fab coffee shop. Its the soaking up the whole excitement and sharing special moments with my husband and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Anything that smells like cinamon :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Family.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My Favourite thing about Christmas...

People! It really is that simple.

Some find this time of year saddening for varying reasons, mainly not being able to be in the company of lost loved ones;
    Some find this time of year stimulating every sense of their being.

It's Simply a Magical Time of the Year that captivates and owns just about everyone, in varying ways.

That's my Favourite thing about Christmas.

It's the People & Everything Everyone Experiences throughout the Season :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

The smell of my mothers homemade baking
    The decorations and lights
    All the food and drink
    Visiting family/cousins
    Going to mass on christmas eve with the family
    Christmas movies/TV specials
    Christmas dinner
    And of course presents!!

Advertisement